Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable.
Advert Number: KCPSB/2019/23
- Head of Internal Audit Unit and will be responsible to the Head of Treasury and Economic Planning for the efficient management of Internal Audit services in the County.
- Planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling of internal audit services;
- Advice the County Government on effective risk prevention measures;
- Maintaining an effective control and supporting initiatives that improve performance;
- Undertaking capacity building for staff within the department.
- Establishing the risk based audit plans consistent with county objectives;
- Evaluating the internal control systems in the county;
- Analyzing the risk levels in the county;
- Preparing periodic and annual reports; and
- Communicating plans of engagement and resource requirements for internal audit functions.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the chief officer.
- Be a Kenya citizen
- Bachelors degree in either Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, or equivalent qualifications in the relevant field;
- Be a holder of CPA (K) or ACCA or equivalent.
- Be registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accounts of Kenya (ICPAK) or Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) and in good standing;
- Relevant working experience of not less than five (5) years in internal audit functions;
- Good knowledge of internal auditing practices and operations;
- Familiarity with policies, laws regulations and operating of public finance management;
How to Apply