Our client is in hospitality industry and runs a high end restaurant located at Karen in Nairobi. They are in urgent need of hiring a Head Chef, and cooks.
The Head Chef is responsible for food production, operating a profitable kitchen as well as managing and training the kitchen staff. In a nutshell, the head chef is wholly responsible for running the kitchen productively and profitably.
Direct and Indirect Work Relationships
Internal – Restaurant manager, kitchen staff, service team, operations, procurement, stores
External – Suppliers, county health and safety officials
- The chef is responsible for overseeing all food production, and assigning responsibilities among the kitchen staff to ensure that food preparation is efficient.
- Manage food preparation and cooking. Ensure that food quality standards are met.
- Cook food on a regular basis at the restaurant and for special functions.
- Achieve the Kitchen’s operational objectives by contributing to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing SOPs and action plans; implementing food production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet the kitchen’s financial objectives by forecasting requirements; prepare budgets; scheduling expenditures; labour costs, staffing levels analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Responsible for delivery of outside catering events to meet and exceed client expectations
- Plan the menu and create new recipes.
- Train the kitchen staff to ensure the food is prepared according to budget and standards. Evaluate staff performance, create the right environment to ensure high staff productivity.
- Perform a regular inventory of food supplies and equipment. Project future needs and place orders to ensure that they are met.
- Ensure that the kitchen adheres to sanitation and safety laws.
- Minimum diploma in Culinary arts
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated artistic and creative cooking abilities, mastery of running kitchens efficiently and profitably, and team management and training experience
- Excellent people skills including team management, ability to recruit and train employees.
- Financial management skills, including budgeting and accounting.
- Efficient management of resources and inventory
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Proven leadership skills and exceptional customer service abilities.
- A strong professional image and high ethical standards and integrity
How to Apply
If you believe you are qualified and ready to take on a new challenge, then we want to talk to you urgently.
Please send your application to us right away at email@example.com and indicate the position you are applying for; either Head Chef, or Cook. Please include your current and expected remuneration