Kenya – Collections Team Lead at TalaNovember 15, 2018
Kenya – Collections Team Lead at Tala
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 2 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets.
Kenya – Collections Team Lead
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Tala’s Collections Team Lead (Tanzania) will be responsible for managing the collections team ( with ~15 collectors total). In addition to managing individual and team performance metrics, the Collections Team Lead will also develop strategies for Tanzania collections team to meet and sustain performance to hit company’s portfolio targets.
What You Will Do
- Develop collection strategies to hit portfolio targets, including but not limited to: incentives, training/coaching on negotiation, etc., call campaigns, account segmentation & prioritisation, automated reminder messaging, testing new campaign approaches, and evaluating/creating business case for technology improvements.
- Exceed team-level recovery rate and cure rate targets on a monthly basis
- Manage team on-boarding, training, quality assurance, incentive tracking, and growth path plans for collectors
- Keep natural team attrition rate below acceptable threshold
What You Should Have
- Minimum 3 years managing collections teams for a local consumer lender.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities of: humility, service, efficiency, management, goal attainment, team motivation, and communication
- Strong probing, communication, problem solving and decision makes skills to effectively resolve complex customer and employee issues
- Ability to perform analysis with data to make recommendations for new collections strategies
- Expertise and focus in empathy, trust, and speed of customer service issues.
- Clear understanding of collections call models.
- Strong decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing.
- Maintains a positive attitude. Can rally team even in times of adversity and challenges.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Experience creating reports to monitor individual collections performance
- Experience training team members on systems and process.
- Demonstrated expertise of team KPIS.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Tala (formerly InVenture) career website on boards.greenhouse.getrake.io to apply