AccountantAugust 24, 2017
Vision An inclusive society where girls and young women actualize their potentials and live fulfilled lives. Mission Based on its Christian faith, The Association, a not-for-profit making and volunteer membership organization exists to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice, peace and sustainable environment for all humanity.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- In-charge of the Accounts Department in the Branch
- Timely donor and management reporting
- Preparation of the payroll on a monthly basis
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Review Cashbooks and cashbook reconciliations weekly.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Preparation of year-end schedules for Corporate Income Tax Returns and Annual Audit.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Preparation and processing of various journal entries related to general accounting.
- Compile and review subsidiary ledgers and financial statements.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting systems and controls in conjunction with the National Chief Accountant.
- Preparation of the annual budgets
- Perform special projects as directed by the Branch Manager and the National Chief Accountant.
- CPA K
- At least three (3) years of relevant accounting experience.
- Computer literacy and the ability to apply accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting software
Method of Application
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply. An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 5th September 2017 Human Resource Officer YWCA-Kenya firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted