Accountants AssistantNovember 23, 2017
This is a role under the supervision of the Accountant
The main aims of the role are;
- Assisting accounting officials/senior management in the maintenance, reporting and management of the company’s finances.
- Provide administrative support to the Accountant and the Credit Controller
General Office Support:
- Assist the Accountant with record retention requirements.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register.
- Assist on ad hoc reports and projects as required.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in the accounting system, according to instructions.
- Completing financial reports assigned to him / her on a regular basis.
- Files and/or removes records and reports.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Manage office petty cash.
- Process client invoices, in a timely manner and verifying accuracy.
- Confirm values of invoice against Purchase orders and Goods Received Notes as appropriate.
- Resolve any issues with suppliers
- Prepare cheques
- Prepare and maintain pre-authorize payments monthly or as required.
- Prepare all Accounts Payable sub-ledger journals for posting to General Ledger monthly.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable sub-ledger to General Ledger monthly.
- Enter and reconcile cheques cashed to accounting software monthly.
- Process employee reimbursements for payment processing purposes.
- Respond to Sales inquiries as required.
- Process all customer or miscellaneous payments daily or as required to sub-ledger.
- Maintain and distribute accurate listing of overdue accounts and suspensions in accordance with Credit limits.
- Prepare accounting adjustment forms where required.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable sub-ledger to General Ledger monthly.
- Assist the Accountant with monthly general ledger reconciliations as required.
- Assist with annual budget preparation as required.
- Monitor stock level per the accounting system and reconcile to actual stock counts on a monthly basis
- Together with the Stores Supervisor, identify and explain reasons for variances
- Adjust accounting system to ensure accurate reflection of physical stock levels
Key skills and Competences
- A university degree in a business related field (Bachelor of Commerce – Finance or Accounting option), CPA – 3
- Basic understanding of accountancy and book-keeping
- Strong attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident personality who is able to operate at all levels.
- A self-starter who is proactive and can set and achieve goals
- A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work with under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Competent IT skills
- Knowledge of sage will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Applicants should email CVs to email@example.com