Accounts Assistant (Payables)August 15, 2017
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the Accounts Assistant (Payables) will be responsible for ensuring steady preparation, processing of payments and reconciling accounts payable transactions.
This position will be based in Tigoni, Kiambu County.
- Reviewing, verifying, entering and uploading invoices into system
- Preparing various accounting reports as required
- Preparing, processing and monitoring accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Preparing cheques for payment
- Managing petty cash and reconciliations
- Posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Corresponding with vendors and responding to inquiries
- Supporting tax preparation and in particular VAT
- Supporting other accounting functions as needed (receivables, invoicing, etc.)
- Providing supporting documentation for audits
- Helping in stock – take at the end of the month
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Formal accounting education – diploma, university coursework, or CPA certification
- At least 2 years’ working experience in accounts payables
- Knowledge in accounts receivable will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Proficient in data entry and file management
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent report writing skills, communication skills and problem solving skills
- Proven team leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (PAYABLES) by COB 25th August, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.