Assistant Accountant (103 Posts) – PSC KenyaMay 2, 2017
Assistant Accountant Jobs at PSC
VACANCY NO. 5/2017
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT GENERAL, JOB GROUP ‘P’ – ONE HUNDRED AND THREE (103) POSTS
Salary Scale: Kshs.77, 527 x 4,877- 81,404 x 4,070 – 85,474 x 4,274-89,748 x 4,487- 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,946x 4,947 – 103,894 p.m.
House Allowance Ksh. 45,000 p.m
Commuter Allowance Ksh. 12,000 p.m
- providing advisory services to the National County departmental heads and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters;
- participating and advising in Tender Committees, National County Executive / Development Committees.
- interpreting and implementing financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls.
- maintaining appropriate and up to date accounting records;
- assisting in the administration of the Accounting Unit;
- providing advisory services to the Accounting Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the Ministry;
- preparing management and statutory reports including final accounts;
- coordinating the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls
- setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
- overseeing the processing of funding arrangements and ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures; and
- authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
- served for cumulative ten(10) years three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Chief Accountant ,Job Group ‘M’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or finance option) and Passed part II of the Certified Public Accountants( CPA II ) Examinations;
- passed CPA III of the Certified Public Accountants Examinations;
- registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- a certificate in Senior Management Course from a recognized institution;
- demonstrated professional competence in the field of Accounting Services ; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- possession of relevant Masters Degree will be considered an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications by completing one application form PSC 2 (Revised 2016).
Completed PSC2 (Revised 2016) form together with certified copies of applicant’s academic/ professional certificates, letter of appointment/promotion to their present grade and Identity Card should reach the
Principal Secretary, National Treasury,
P. O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI or be hand delivered in the
Treasury Building, 3rd Floor, Registry Room 331 so as to reach the office on or before 28th April, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, letter of appointment to the current substantive post during the interview.
In addition they will be required to ensure that the Head of Department’s recommendation on PSC 2A (Revised 2016) is forwarded before interview.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.