Assistant AccountantAugust 16, 2018
Personnalité Civile AM nº72/11 du 19/11/2007 publié dans OG no 27 du 06 07 2009
B.P 6333 Kigali
Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP) is a non-profit making umbrella organization that was created in 2004 with the objective to set up a platform for information sharing, consultation and advocacy among CSOs and their partners. RCSP is composed of 9 national umbrella organizations with more than 500 members. The mission of RCSP is to act as a framework of exchange, strengthening solidarity and the capacity of its members, to be the people’s voice and defend the public interests and interests of its members at national, regional and international levels.
RCSP, with the support of Trōcaire, through the Women’s Empowerment Programme and in line with its core business of advocating for public interests, wishes to recruit a highly motivated candidate to fill the following vacant position :
Position Title: Assistant Accountant
Start Date: Immediately
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting and financial support to the Finance department in order tomaintain accurate and reliable financial records.
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with donors’ financial policies and guidelines.
- Prepare Payment vouchers and allocate various project costs in compliance with donor requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining accounting records using accounting software (SAGE).
- Code and Monitor Budgets, record all expenses in line with approved Budget in order to insure that correct expenditures are correctly charged to relevant project.
- Preparing payments after checking that all supporting documents are available
- Working with the RCSP finance team in preparing periodic financial and management reports.
- Assist the Accountant in deductions & declarations of all statutory dues.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of both internal and external audits.
- Perform any other that may be assigned
The candidate should fulfill the following requirements:
- A Bachelor degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance. Full or part professional qualification administered by a recognized professional body(CPA) will be an added advantage,
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounting.;Working with NGOs will be an added advantage.
- ood working knowledge of speaking/reading/writing of English and Kinyarwanda is required; any other language is an added advantage.
- igh level of integrity.
- High level of proficiency in computer application particularly Excel and the use of SAGE accounting software. ( This will be tested)
- Knowledge of NGO donor reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
- Excellent numeric, writing and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to function well in team work environment.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- judgment analytical and conceptual skills.
- ility to work unsocial hours/overtime hours if required.
- ble to work quickly and efficiently, often to tight time constraints.
- ave numeracy skills for handling cash, including foreign currency.
How to Apply
Your application should include the following:
A covering letter addressed to the Executive secretary of RCSP (i), a comprehensive CV including details of 3 persons of reference (ii) academic certificates (Diploma &Transcript) (iii) any other related recommendations or training certificates. Application documents should be submitted not later than 20th August, 2018 at 4pm.
Applicants are kindly requested to hand-deliver their application documents (Physically) at the front desk of Rwanda Civil Society Platform in Kicukiro district, Kagarama sector, KK 371 st, House no 4.
For more information and direction, please contact Tel: +250783231237.
Please note that applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 13th August, 2018
Nyemazi John Bosco
Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP)