Bids Officer at BM SecurityDecember 4, 2019
Boby Morgan, Senior Assistant Commissioner of Kenya Police and General Service Unit Secretary General, founded BM Security Limited with an enduring ecko. Pioneering private security in Kenya, he set the standards for many practices and innovations still in use today.
Reports To: CHIEF OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university
- Training: Professional qualifications from a recognized institution at Diploma level or above in a business related area is an added advantag
- Experience: At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy business environment
- Skills: Self-motivated and possession of a thorough understanding of winning strategies, Demonstrate strong ethos and personal passion for producing high-quality work that focus on exceeding customer’s needs, Strong technical, analytical, planning, organization, negotiation and communication skills,Ability to gather, organize, interpret and collate data from multiple sources, read and interpret instructions carefully, Ability to deal with complex business relationships and manage multiple resources to deliver a strong, winning case, ability to pay high attention to details and maintain confidentiality
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all RFP requirements have been addressed as effectively possible, and that the company has presented itself adequately for the best possible chances of success.
- Develop and maintain bid procedures and lead all day-to-day aspects of individual bids
- Liaise with core tendering team members (departmental heads,section managers, sales personnel, etc) in preparing the bid in order to ensure that a winning bid response has been given.
- Responsible for submitting a completed bid on time, in an organized manner and within budget
- Produce the tendering plan in liaison with the core tendering team
- Attend pre bid briefings and bid opening meetings
- Arrange to purchase bids documents and administer them and produce bid reports
- Develop and Maintain bid material library and automated management system
- Read through the papers on a daily basis and pick out bid adverts related to Security Services
- Diarize rebid due dates of running contracts
- Participate in other business development functions in a support capacity as may be required
Method of Application
Interested candidates, who meet the above criteria, should submit their applications with detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates & testimonials to received by 13th December 2019 through email address firstname.lastname@example.org