Bursar at Maryhill Girls’ High SchoolAugust 24, 2018
Maryhill Girls High School is a girls’ national boarding school situated in Thika along Thika – Gatukuyu road. The school also offers a variety of other co-curricular activities such as Drama, Music, variety of games like hockey, swimming, volleyball, tennis to name but a few.
- Job Type:Full Time
- Qualification:KCSE BA/BSc/HND
- Job Field:Administration / Secretarial Finance / Accounting / Audit
Duties & Responsibilities
- Custody and maintenance of books of accounts and accountable documents;
- Ensure proper fees records are kept at all times and requisite meal receipts etc are issued correctly.
- Ensuring a proper paper trail for each transaction is kept Developing management mechanism of school’s resources & statutory compliance.
- Planning and evaluating cost reduction measures Managing, evaluating, accounting systems for the school Constant check on possible fraud and errors;
- Working with auditors in ensuring accountability Preparation and monitoring of school’s budget Developing working relations with professionals e.g. bankers, auditors Prepare requisitions for different requirements of the school Safeguarding the school assets by providing proper coding and records
- Supervising of all non-teaching and subordinate staff under him/her Preparing regular financial reports as instructed from time to time.
Requirements & Qualifications
- KCSE with at least grade ‘C’ aggregate or Division II with a minimum of C+ in English and Mathematics Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Kenya finalist or in possession of any other recognized qualification equivalent to CPA (Kenya)
- Bachelor degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics or a combination of any or any other degree will be an added advantage At least 3 years’ experience in the accounting practice in a school or any other public or private institution will be an added advantage
- Must be conversant with Quick books.
Interested candidates should send their handwritten applications, Cvs to reach the undersigned on or before 3rd September 2018
THE SECRETARY B.O.M,
MARYHILL GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL
P.O. BOX 9-01000,