Business Support Assistant (Administration) at United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)-UgandaDecember 4, 2019
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant (Administration) will be the focal point for Human Resources, Finance, Administration and Transport services at Kaabong Satellite Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Administration) job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Social Sciences, Development studies or the equivalent obtained from a recognized institution;
- At least three years of experience in finance and general administrative duties in a reputable organization
- Computer literacy and experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and other WFP software is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of UN administrative policies and procedures
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
- Knowledge of the local language (Nkarimojong) will be an added advantage
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from Uganda with Ugandan Nationality are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th December 2019