Career Opportunity At Standard Bank GroupJune 20, 2018
Standard Bank Group – Africa is our home, we drive her growth. What does this mean for a brand that is 155 years old? It means that we know, understand and believe in Africa and all her opportunities. We see the potential it has for our people, our customers, entrepreneurs and those who are as passionate about investing in Africa as we are. Our family extends across 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa and we nurture some of the most skilled, innovative and creative minds in the industry. Our purpose is to drive Africa’s growth, we are a catalyst for inclusive and sustainable economic growth in the countries we operate and we make life better for our fellow Africans by doing business the right way. We’re more than a bank, we’re a trusted partner who is constantly raising the bar to do better and be better. It’s time to join us, together we can move Africa forward and make progress real for all who call Africa home
Business Solution and Recoveries Manager
- Job Type:Full Time
- Experience:5 years
- Job Field:Banking
Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To assist Business and Credit with the end-to-end remedial management of enterprise wide distressed debt exposures in the Personal and Business Bank environment, both in house (referred by Account Executives and Credit Evaluation Managers) or under formal Business Rescue proceedings (as per Chapter 6 of the new Companies Act) within assigned Personal-to-Holder mandates;
- To pro-actively attend to the recoveries process and the protection of the bank’s asset base on non-performing loans with values across the entire product spectrum;
- To proactively represent Business Support and Recoveries at CRC committee level;
- To innovate and design alternative credit risk management / rehabilitation and recovery methods aimed at optimal efficiency and effectiveness;
- To reduce the cost of delivery and to conform to end-to-end value propositions;
- To effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to optimize returns for the Bank;
- To uphold and maintain the Bank’s core values;
- To provide innovative solutions (involvement of outside consultants, restructuring, recommending sale of non-core assets etc) in an effort to minimise impairments and to retain business
- Credit Support
- Provides a full recommendation to business, credit and the customer regarding a restructure or if not possible, recommends legal action to protect the bank’s position.
- Compiles monthly watch list reports for presentation to Credit Review Committee at the various regional and product specific Credit Review Committee meetings.
- Attends monthly Credit Review Committee meetings for areas of responsibility and recommends remedial action for those relationships not handled in the Business Support space.
- Provides input regarding contracts entered into with customers where the scope falls outside of the bank’s existing documentation, when engaging with attorneys.
- Provides recommendations on restructure strategies, if possible when interacting with Business Rescue Practitioners / Turnaround Specialists.
- Participates in Business Rescue Committee of Creditors and any court proceedings arising during the Business Rescue proceedings in order to protect the bank’s interests.
- Credit Recoveries
- Complies with all statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards to prevent market abuse.
- Engages with attorney firms when legal action deemed necessary.
- Attends insolvency inquiries on behalf of the bank.
- Assesses and analyses business and account risks of non-performing accounts.
- Takes ownership of identified non-performing accounts until the risk has been reduced to the satisfaction of the Bank and to strive to do so in agreed time frames.
- Maintains all records required by the unit to ensure continuity and effective management of its objectives. Housekeeping and maintaining of Bank and departmental records.
- Raises provisions timeously to cater for possible losses that the bank may suffer.
- Ensures legal costs are kept to a minimum and within agreed annual budget.
- Attends to and controls realization of all securities.
- Compiles informative brief of instructions to attorneys.
- Any delegated ad-hoc functions.
- Risk management
- Identifies risks associated with specific industries and alerts internal customers to take appropriate action.
- Acts within delegated authority levels and refers matters to the appropriate level if outside of the personal-to-holder delegated authority.
- Relationship management
- Develops and maintains healthy working relationships with all the relevant parties and key stakeholders, both internal and external to the Bank to ensure co-operative, collective management of a Business Support matter.
- Engages with all necessary stakeholders to either successfully rehabilitate a client within the shortest time period possible, alternatively if it is not possible for the company to so continue in existence, work with all necessary stakeholders to ensure that the re-organisation results in a better return for the bank and circumvent would result from the immediate liquidation of the company.
Key performance measures
- Deliver portfolio results on key measures (Non-performing loans; pre-NPLs; Credit Loss Ratio)
- Clean audits by Internal and External auditors.
- Undergraduate Business Degree.
- Business / Legal / Accounting or related credit / risk qualification
- A second degree will be an added advantage
Minimum 5 years Banking experience, particularly pertaining to credit risk management, banking processes with regard to banking products and the operation thereof.
Broad knowledge of applicable Acts and Bank Manuals
- Credit Assessment
- Knowledge of collateral
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict Management
- Risk Management ability
- Knowledge of risk management in respect of distressed debt customers
- Legal/accounting/business knowledge
- Required to have sufficient knowledge of credit /risk procedures to critically analyse information to ensure quality recommendations for a restructure/recovery.
- Computer Literacy – ability to use the various software e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Bank Group career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply