Chief Executive Officer at National Investments PLC (NICOL),TanzaniaNovember 13, 2019
- Determining and formulating policies and determining the overall direction of the company within the guidelines set up by the Board.
- Planning, directing or coordinating operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives.
- Analyzing operations to evaluate the performance of the company and its staff in meeting the objectives, and identify areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement or policy change.
- Directing and coordinating the company’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency.
- Reviewing the company’s annual accounts and other statutory reports and submit to the Board for approval.
- Directing, planning and implementing policies, objectives and activities of the company to ensure continuing operations, maximize returns on investment and to increase productivity.
- Preparing budgets for approval, including those for funding and implementation of programs.
- Reviews reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or suggest changes.
- Preparing the company’s operational, financial and other periodic reports, corporate plans and other reporting requirements and submit to the Board for information and/or approval, as the case may be.
- Directing human resources activities, including approval of human resources plans and activities.
- Providing business leadership and human resources capacity development that ensures a motivating work environment and high morale to staff.
- Managing, enhancing and maintaining working and amicable relationships between the company and the regulatory authorities as well as other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration; Professional Certification in investment advisory, or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least thirteen (13) years working experience in the relevant field; five (9) years in a managerial position, and four (4) years in capital markets related field.
KEY COMPETENCIES/SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Expected candidate must have:
- High probity and integrity – the job requires being honest and ethical.
- Visionary and proactive – the job requires a strategic business plan with the ability to lead and take charge, intelligent risk-taker having the willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges, as well as good communication skills.
- Stress tolerance – job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
- Computer Literate
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed on three-year renewable contracts, subject to satisfactory performance.
The post offers attractive emoluments
Below 60 years as at the date of appointment
How to Apply
Application letter should be accompanied with (i) Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact details including mobile phone numbers, e-mail, postal address; (ii)Copies of relevant Certificates and testimonials; (iii) Names of three (3) reputable referees showing their physical work address and contacts ADDRESS All application should be marked “NICOL – CEO” on top right-hand corner of an envelope and submitted by courier (e.g. EMS, CUM, DHL; etc.) to the following address: