Chief Internal Auditor at Uganda National AirlinesNovember 19, 2019
The Government of Uganda set up UGANDA NATIONAL AIRLINES, in order to enhance the country’s competitiveness by reducing the cost of air transport and easing connectivity to and from Uganda; to support faster harnessing of opportunities in the economy and fulfill the requirement to establish air transport infrastructure to meet the growing demand for air transport. UGANDA NATIONAL AIRLINES’ VISION is to be a world-class airline exceeding customer expectations, through high-quality service, global connectivity and commitment to excellence, Its MISSION is to provide an air transport service that ranks amongst the best in terms of safety, cost-effectiveness, punctuality, and comfort. Uganda National Airlines Company Limited now seeks to recruit a competent person with high levels of integrity, dedication, and commitment for the position of Chief Internal Auditor as follows:
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
Reports to the Board of Directors
Responsible for: Internal Audit stall & Executive Assistant
Job Purpose: To provide independent and objective assurance and advisory services by evaluating the effectiveness of the risk management, control and governance processes of the company.
• Develop and monitor implementation of the internal audit plan and strategies, and regularly report to Management and Board on the extent of implementation.
• To guide, direct and supervise audit execution
• Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls regarding the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information
• Evaluate the extent of compliance with laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and contracts
• Evaluate the effectiveness of risk management processes and contribute to the improvement of risk management processes.
• Provide overall supervision of audit engagements to ensure objectives achieved, quality is assured and staff is developed
• Prepare periodic audit reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board
• Monitor and report on the extent of implementation of audit recommendations and agreed action plans
• Manage the performance and development of subordinate staff.
• Develop staff through coaching, appraisal, and feedback.
• Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls in responding to risks within the organization’s information technology/systems and the means used to safeguard assets.
• High level of maturity, ethics, and integrity with a clean track record
• Proven managerial, negotiation and communication skills.
• Proven corporate planning knowledge and skills.
• Proven presentation and reporting abilities.
• Interpersonal, human relations, and team management skills.
• Analytical, accuracy and judgmental skills.
• Project management and networking skills.
• Strong IT and computer proficiency skills.
• Good training and coaching skills
• A confident, independent, articulate and reliable personality.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long hours.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business related subjects like Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration, etc.
• Full Accountancy or Internal Audit professional qualifications, such as ACCA, CPA, CIA, is a must.
• Excellent knowledge of International Accounting Standards and or the Standards for the International Professional Practices Framework for Internal Auditing as issued by the Institute of
• Internal Auditors are essential.
• Knowledge of the application of Audit-related Software and MS Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and related packages, is essential.
• Knowledge of advanced Software system shall be an added advantage.
• Working experience of 7 years; at least 3 of which must be at the External or Internal Audit Manager level, or in a similar Management position, in a large and reputable public or private sector organization.
• Experience in working with regional and international companies with multiple branches, aviation, in public, or private sectors shall be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business
Job Experience Requirements: 7 years
How to Apply
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees and copies of academic and professional certificates should be submitted on our website at https://careers.ugandairlines.com or by post addressed to; The Manager Human Resources Uganda National Airlines Company Limited P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda. The deadline for submission is 2nd December 2019 by 4.00 p.m.