Chief Manager at Water Sector Trust FundAugust 28, 2018
The Water Sector Trust Fund (WSTF) is established under the Water Act 2016 as a water sector financing institution. The objective of the Fund is to provide conditional and unconditional grants to counties, in addition to the Equalization Fund and to assist in financing the development and management of water services in marginalized areas or any area which is considered by the Board of Trustees to be underserved. The Fund actively seeks funding from various sources including the Government of Kenya and development partners and is responsible for the design and effective implementation of the programmes and projects that enable it to achieve its mandate. F
Chief Manager, Finance & Accounts
- Job Type:Full Time
- Qualification:BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience:12 years
- Job Field:Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the financial affairs of WSTF with an aim of ensuring fiscal discipline and providing financial stewardship to the Fund in line with the strategic plans, shared values and policies.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversee establishment and implementation of departmental strategies, systems, processes, procedures and policy formulation.
- Oversee the maintenance, preparation and updating of the books of accounts.
- Oversee timely preparation of periodic financial reports and statements.
- Oversee the operation of the Finance and Accounts department.
- Oversee statutory and projects audits of the Fund.
- Manage human resources and other resources in the Finance and Accounts department.
- Provide leadership in performance management, employee development, talent management and building a work environment that drives high performance and employee satisfaction in the department.
- Manage the departmental budget to ensure efficacy and attainment of set targets.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Set financial objectives consistent with the policies and strategies of the Fund.
- Carry out formulation, preparation and monitoring of the Fund’s and departmental budgets.
- Participate in Resource Mobilisation in collaboration with Partnership Development & Resource Mobilisation Department.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements, policies, strategies, procedures, standards, contracts and agreements for the Fund.
- Prepare financial reports to management, Board of Trustees and development partners and foreign agencies.
- Attend and Coordinate the preparation of Board papers to the Finance of General Purpose Committee.
- Advise the management and Board on finance issues.
- Facilitate and coordinate activities of the Finance & General Purpose Committee.
- Liaise with the investment and other departments in the implementation of the WSTF funded programmes.
- Preparation and Coordination of the organisation budget.
- Carry out any other relevant duty as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Degree in Finance or business related field such as, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Management or Economics from a recognised Institution.
- Masters in Finance or in a related field. CPA (K) or ACCA.
- At least 12 years’ experience with 5 years in a managerial or supervisory position.
- Member of a professional body (ICPAK)/ ACCA.
- Experience in project accounting is an added advantage.
- Must have attended senior management course lasting not less than four weeks.
- Experience in working with multicultural environment as an asset.
- Personal Attributes
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrate sound work ethics Communication skills
- Leadership and management skills Negotiations skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Computerised accounting
- Financial management systems preferably SAP Business One Knowledge of accounting systems
- Knowledge in ISO management systems
Interested and suitable qualified candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and should submit their applications with the job title clearly marked on the envelope to the address below. The candidates can also submit applications on-line using the email stated below and quoting “Chief Manager, Finance and Accounts and Manager Supply Chain and Procurement” as the email subject. Interested candidates may obtain further information from the WSTF website (www.waterfund.go.ke). The application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best suited candidate, curriculum vitae, copies of your academic/professional certificates and other testimonials. One should also include details of telephone contacts, email address, current position, expected remuneration and three (3) referees including one academic and two professional referees.
Chief Executive Officer, Water Sector Trust Fund, 1st Floor, CIC Plaza I, Mara Road, Upper Hill, P O Box 49699 – 00100, Nairobi.
To be received not later than close of business 6th September 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and present evidence.
Water Sector Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.