Clinical Officers at Langata HospitalNovember 12, 2019
Langata Hospital was founded in June 2005 as a medical center and was licensed as a hospital in December 2005. It continues to grow and expand its services and has fast become a respected and reputable health care institution in Nairobi.
Langata Hospital Limited is seeking to employ a Clinical Officer who will be responsible for all the medical care of out-patient and in-patient. To perform quality assurance assessments of services within the hospital.
- Responding to medical/ health problems presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate; both an out-patient and in-patient.
- Work Hand in Hand with the Medical Officer-In-Charge of OPD and Other Clinicians and consultants
- Conducts patients Education.
- Consult patients and prescribe appropriate treatment.
- Monitor patients’ health.
- Maintaining confidentiality and impartiality.
- Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required for monitoring patients ‘health.
- Providing specialist clinics for specific conditions or for certain groups, e.g. diabetes.
- Organizing preventative medical programs for individual patients;
- Keeping up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments and medication, including complementary medicine;
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Ensuring that patients receive the highest standard of medical care.
- Follow-up and Monitoring of HIV-Positive Clients with the help of the nurse in charge of the Comprehensive Care Centre (CCC).
- Staging of HIV clients for ART and initiating clients on ART.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from KMTC or any other recognized institution.
- Registered by Kenya Clinical Officers Council.
- Possession of a valid practicing license from the Clinical Officers Council.
- Training in any other HIV prevention intervention is an added advantage
- At least 1 Year Experience in OPD Services and /or HIV/AIDS Program /CCC.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Clinical Officers – email@example.com
If you possess the above qualifications, please apply by sending a Cover Letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. By 15 November 2019 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.