Communications Intern at Save The Children RwandaNovember 21, 2019
About the Role:
The role of the communications intern is to support the communications team in delivering the communications and media work plan. The post-holder will help with administrative and logistics duties of the communications team, and support with content gathering in the field, translations, donor/media field visits, and event management. The role is a learning one, and the intern will be given opportunities to learn new skills and understand the ins-and-outs of managing media and communications within Save the Children.
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism.
• Excellent written and spoken of Kinyarwanda and English languages.
• Excellent communications and relationship building skills with children in order to gather good case studies and other related content.
• Familiarity with digital and social media.
• An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to manage and prioritize an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with minimum support.
• Able to work in the field anytime required.
• Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to take quality video and photographs
• Ability to use Adobe programs including Photoshop, Premieres, InDesign, and illustrator
• Experience working in an international NGO
Contract type: Fixed (1 Year)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
How to Apply
To apply, kindly follow this link: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=37590
Deadline for receiving applications is December 2nd,2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*