Customer Relations Manager at Tugende, UgandaNovember 7, 2019
The Customer Relations Manager’s main purpose is to manage three specific areas of the department to include insurance, social media and customer relations branch representatives. The Manager is responsible for establishing and monitoring a Tugende call center within the Head Operations office to create the best customer experience throughout Uganda. Tugende’s mission is focused on people: Helping people help themselves. As the Customer Relations Manager, your goal will be to make sure that our customers have the best experience possible throughout their journey with us so that they are in the best position to help themselves. These outcomes help Tugende achieve its mission and grow as a business!
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure outstanding handling of client issues throughout the implementation life cycle at the branches.
- Establish Tugende’s call center and maintain best practices for scaling across Uganda.
- Supervise social media strategy implementation across branches in line with CCO.
- Maintain complete and accurate customer data and propose strategy and projects to help drive business decisions.
- Identify areas for improvement in customers’ experience with Tugende, and propose and implement solutions.
- Mentor, guide, and lead the customer relations department through leadership exercises monthly.
- Guide and lead team members to deliver products/services that meet or exceed the customer requirements at the branches.
- Ensure standardize video and media messages communicated to clients across Tugende branches.
- Streamline the insurance processes to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Work directly with the CCO to identify additional products and services customers are requesting.
- Delivering a comprehensive service to enquiring customers through a standardized process.
- Actively manage all social media responses and proactively reply in a positive tone.
- Provide detailed reports on customer relations trends and feedback while properly implementing solutions to improve our services and customer retention.
Note: This job description gives a general guideline, and therefore does not include an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities
- Detailed oriented and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Extensive experience working with team members of various backgrounds.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Outstanding communication and results-driven.
Qualifications and work experience
- At least 7 years in Customer Service leadership position.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Social Work Social Administration from a recognized institution of learning.
Personal attributes and abilities
- Innovation: develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of the departmental output and Tugende as a company.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions, follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for the departmental success.
- Service excellence: knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external customers’ needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Planning and organizing: develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal relationships: knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across departments/units in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques, ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience, and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Professionalism and maintaining the Tugende Employer Brand: maintains professionalism in all correspondence and being empathetic and personable
- Positive attitude: maintains a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times.
- Flexible and resilient: willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seeks direct feedback and sees every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
What will you gain?
Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn a better living for themselves and their families. We are changing East Africa’s asset-finance industry by building a sustainable business that ignites financial development. Join this movement!
Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 380+ employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our customers. Our headquarters are in Kampala, Uganda and we are rapidly expanding in East Africa.
Hours and compensation: This position is for an ambitious, full-time employee who will take on additional responsibilities and projects as they arise. Tugende offers competitive salaries and benefits that reflect a person’s contributions to the company’s mission and growth.
More About Tugende
Tugende means “let’s go” in Luganda and signifies the company’s mission and what you say on the back of a motorcycle taxi. Tugende has been recognized as a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow, 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow, 2016 GSBI Fellow, and received the MIT Zambezi prize in 2015 as one of the top 3 financial inclusion startups in Africa. We have appeared in The Guardian, BBC, Economist, and elsewhere.
As part of our regional expansion in East Africa, Kenya is now launched! Beyond geographic growth, Tugende’s future will include multiple asset finance products and tools to help Tugende to reach millions of customers without losing high touch personal support.
How to Apply