Customer Service Representative (4 months Contract)October 25, 2019
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of every day celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition? We want to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000-year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took an immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world. Today, nothing’s changed.
We’re proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. In fact, we’re helping to define their career growth through stretching roles and exciting development opportunities.
Job Description :
Diageo Enterprise Operations is part of the Diageo Business Service Organization that is a global multi-functional business that provides shared service offerings across DIAGEO globally. It provides services in the scope of Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Record to Report, Financial Controllership, and Data Management.
The Credit Control Stream is part of the Sell To Cash process of the DBS that entails all credit control and collection activities for DBS served markets.
Significant cross-market functional responsibilities with the aim to deliver a seamless end-to-end OTC service. It ensures proper operation of processes from incoming fund allocation to customer ledger maintenance, order release, outstanding follow-up, and overdue management, including credit limit control and reporting.
Service Delivery entails issue resolution and closes business partnering with credit risk, customer service, and commercial market teams.
The role is responsible for Customer Service Management across a number of markets within the Africa region served by the Diageo Enterprise Operations.
The role would entail responsibility for step-change, standardization and process harmonization of Customer Service Management across Enterprise Operations served countries.
Africa Region comprises various markets. Current markets supported within Enterprise Operations include Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Reunion, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, and Kenya incl. EAML.
Each market has specific nuances including: Market-specific Ways of Working, government regulations, different currencies, infrastructure challenges, local language requirements.
OTC deals with some 25.000 customers resulting in some 400.000 orders and a collection of around 9 billion GBP an annual base.
Cash Cycle is also interacting with some 55.000 vendors treating some 550.000 invoices per year.
Purpose of Role
- Responsible for delivering high-level customer service and ensuring on-time, in-full shipments.
- To ensure that all OTC related queries are followed up and resolved accurately, efficiently and according to the relevant SLA.
- To contribute ideas, energy, enthusiasm, and support to the continuous improvement of the OTC process.
- Diageo Global objective is to provide excellent customer service to improve customer satisfaction outside and inside Diageo, and to ensure the smooth transition of new customers.
- Ability to be part of a high performing team providing support, understanding and clear expectations
- Collaboration between Supply Chain and CS for invoice corrections, stock reconciliation, etc
- Ensure adherence to quality and process controls (CARM and audit)
- Finding solutions for all incoming queries – investigate, monitor, follow-up issues and provide information on the progress
- Provide and continuously improve service levels in co-operation with the market commercial teams, Logistics, Finance and other parts of the business to strive for excellence in a highly competitive environment
- Identify and understand the financial impact of the processes.
- Adherence to Global and local business policies and procedures.
- Understand customer service and cultural needs of each market.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Fluent English and Kiswahili
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong MS Office knowledge
- Very strong customer service attitude
- Liaising with other teams, coordinating issue resolution and ensuring effective WoW (Ways of Working)
- Able to effectively prioritize incoming issues and build on acquired knowledge when making decisions in the area of responsibility
- Able to co-ordinate projects, prepare an analysis
- Prior experience in OTC/ Cash Cycle process
- College or University degree
- Good knowledge of internal and external business partners with an understanding of their specifics
- Ability to make the right judgment on different issues
- Ensures that the actions taken are documented, updated and shared with appropriate stakeholder
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on the company website.