Director of Finance & Administration Jobs at PATHApril 20, 2017
NOTE: This position is contingent upon donor funding.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Director of Finance and Administration for the impending USAID/Kenya Strategic Information project to be based in Nairobi out of the established PATH Kenya Country Program. There will be a dual linkage between the HQ-based Digital Health Solutions group and the Kenya Country Program. This position will report to the Chief of Party.
Finance & Administration Job Responsibilities
- Oversee project finance for the life of the award; includes oversight of procurement, grants, construction, logistics, accounting and finance, and records.
- Responsible for managing the contract budget and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award.
- Present the project financial status report during monthly Senior Management Meetings.
- Guide teams in budgeting process and particularly during annual work plan preparation.
Requirements for the Finance & Administration Job
- A Masters level degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in professional accounting or auditing, developing and managing large project-based budgets.
- At least 4 years’ experience working with international donor reporting, preferably USAID reporting requirements.
- Must be proficient in relevant computer applications and databases, and must be organized, responsible, and concise in meeting reporting requirements and deadlines of both the donor and the institution.
- Demonstrably strong analytical, organizational, and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Swahili an asset.
- Experience in Kenya is strongly preferred.
- USAID cooperative agreement management experience highly preferred.
- Ability to travel in-country as necessary.
How to Apply