Director of Finance- Baylor International Pediatric AIDS InitiativeFebruary 21, 2018
Baylor-Uganda is a private not for profit child health and development organization providing family-centred pediatric HIV/AIDS
prevention, care and treatment service, health professional training, and clinical research in Uganda. The organization operates in over 7 districts in Uganda. The successful candidate will join a team of highly talented staff working to move the organization to
greater heights and should be ready to work with minimal or no supervision.
Position: Director of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
Main Purpose of Job: To provide overall oversight and direction of the Finance department, ensuring effective programme support as well as functional Accounting policies & procedures, compliance with Donor rules & regulations; as well as alignment to the overall organisation Mission and Vision.**
Key results areas, duties and responsibilities
- Develop a 3 – 5-year Finance department operational plan in line with the organizations’ Strategic plan;
- Initiate, develop and monitor implementation of financial control systems, policies and procedures to maintain financial discipline in the organization;
- Initiate, monitor and review timely preparation and submission of management accounts and financial statement forecasts in line with IFRSs;
- Prepare Consolidated annual budgets then monitor the preparation and implementation of approved departmental/programme project budgets by BOD and in line with the Strategic Plan and Annual work plan;
- Develop and monitor the implementation of a strategy for facilitating periodic internal, external audit and donor audits and implementing related audit findings in line with auditing standards and guidelines;
- Monitor financial performance against approved revenue and expenditure estimates and prepare regular reports advising management and the BOD on Budgetary Control and Cost-cutting measures within agreed reporting deadlines;
- Review and approve documents and reports regarding procurement, distribution, allocation and appropriate use of assets, facilities, materials, staff salaries and other expenditure in line with organization’s financial policies;
- Develop and maintain partnerships and networks with Directorate key stakeholders to foster a harmonised controlled organisation’s financial system in line with our financial policies;
9.Monitor the compliance of human resource systems and policies as well as conduct supervisory HR support activities to maintain a competent and motivated ”team of leaders”; and,
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization to ensure achievement of funding diversification targets; and, Collaboration with the International parent Organisation’s Finance department on sharing best practice from the Uganda office and own experience.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization to ensure achievement of funding diversification targets; and, collaboration with the International parent Organisation’s Finance department on sharing best practice from the Uganda office and own experience.
Qualifications, Competencies & Work Experience
The job holder should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance and a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from a reputable University is a MUST;
- Membership in professional organisations i.e. ACCA and CPA (U);
- Over 8 years’ working experience with at least 4 years’ experience at a senior level in the Finance department of a reputable Non- Governmental Organization;
- Knowledge of Finance & Accounting packages especially Navision;
- Must be dynamic, persuasive, self-motivated, able to demonstrate high initiative; and,
- Behavioural competencies – like teamwork, communication skills, problem-solving, analytical skills, networking and partnership skills.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and CV to the
following address not later than 5.00pm on 14 March
2018 email address to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be