DOCUMENTATION EXECUTIVE (FREIGHT/ LOGISTICS) – 50KAugust 14, 2019
Our client is a growing Freight Forwarding and Logistics Company, operating out of Nairobi and keen on providing exceptional service to our clients while operating with integrity and respect that our customers, partners, and employees demand.
Role: The ideal candidate will assist immediate manager to coordinate the customer service and documentation functions of the freight forwarding and the customs brokerage business lines.
Documentation Officer/ Customer Service representative Job
- A holder of a Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding.
- One MUST be a holder of an East African Customs Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate (EACFFPC).
- Experienced with more than 4 years of progressively more responsible positions in Logistics, Imports and Exports industry.
- Proficient in use of MS Office (Computer literate).
Proficient in the use of iCMS, KESWS, TANCIS, ASYCUDA, Simba, Tradex, ORBUS and KWATOS systems.
- Conversant with both imports and export procedures and imports declaration (use of HS codes).
- Knowledgeable on various types of customs bonds and bonds processing.
- Experienced in logistics costing and preparing quotations.
- Conversant with East African Customs Management Act including documentation in sea freight, air freight, clearing and forwarding and shipping procedures.
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
- Estimate freight or courier rates and record shipment costs and weights.
- Keep records of all goods shipped, received, and stored.
- Attach address labels, identification codes, and shipping instructions to cargo as and when required.
- Check import or export documentation to determine cargo contents and use tariff coding system to classify goods according to fee or tariff group.
- Route received goods to first available flight/vessel or to appropriate storage areas.
- Arrange insurance coverage for goods.
Customer Service Function
- Delivers a positive customer experience for all customers and ensures a smooth execution of the end to end shipment lifecycle by working closely with the customers and internal teams.
- Hunts leads and follows up on opportunities for segmented and new customers as well as regular accounts.
- Seeks for customers’ feedback about service delivery and fully responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Handles incoming customer services queries, issues and exception management,
- Manages phone calls.
- Act as a primary point of contact for customers and communicate proactively to keep customers informed of any issues.
- Facilitate the customers’ needs timely and resolve issues effective by engaging relevant internal stakeholders.
- Engage in constructive issue resolution. This includes dealing with escalations and complaints.
- Address root causes and seek continuous improvements – constantly look for ways to improve work processes by understanding and being familiar with local KPIs and act in line with set targets.
- Willingness of going the extra mile for the customer.
- Thinking out of the box and with focus on providing solutions.
- Display accountability for customer satisfaction by owning and managing customer facing activities Track delivery progress of shipments.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Effective and excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Highly developed teamwork skills – ability to work with others and embrace team work
- Ability to coordinate the C&F operations with a small team of diverse creative employees.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers and giving progress reports.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution – commitment to continuous learning.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their CV stating their current salary to email@example.com quoting the job title, “ Documentation Executive ” on the subject line.