Field Service Engineer Intern at PhilipsNovember 13, 2019
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has a direct presence in four other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Casablanca, Cairo, and Nairobi.
Don’t just learn to work – work to learn, surprise yourself with Philips!
We expect to bring on board talented fresh graduates who will during the 12 months of internship not just learn to work but work to learn!
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of a variety of system equipment.
You are responsible for
- Repairing the equipment – bench repairs in the workshop.
- Providing limited technical support within fixed limits to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Serving as secondary customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Diagnosing mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
- Operating relatively autonomous within procedures, methods, and techniques.
- Assisting Field Service Engineers in the field as required.
- Adopting appropriate ESD control while servicing Personal Health equipment.
- Reporting identified device safety issues according to applicable Personal Health quality standard policy.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Electrical/Electronics/Biomedical Engineering.
- You must be a graduate having completed all modules/credits for the qualification mentioned above.
- Very good communication skills.
- Fluent English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Philips career website on philips.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com to apply