Finance Assistant, (Special Services Agreement) at World Health Organization (WHO)November 11, 2019
- Compile and verify payment voucher supporting documents such as invoices, receipts, identification documents, vehicle log books, registration forms, etc.
- Support payment processing by;
- Assist in payment verifications before actual payments.
- Filling in of VAT prepayment forms, form 736, Invoice templates.
- Processing supplier invoices for payment.
- Processing Travel Agencies invoices for payment.
- Reviewing supplier account statements & clearing outstanding payments.
- Scanning of payment vouchers for submission in the E-Imprest
- Daily filling of payment vouchers.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Educational Qualifications
Completion of secondary school education or equivalent. Additional relevant higher education, especially in accounting/finance/business administration is an advantage.
Training in accounting an asset as well as sound knowledge of administrative procedures. Proficiency in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc., ideally with training in online work planning and financial systems.
Functional Skills and knowledge
Ability to work under pressure
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Ability to work in stressful context and under a tight deadline.
Communication in a credible and effective way
Fostering integration and teamwork
Moving forward in a changing environment
Excellent knowledge of English and a good working level in the other language (Swahili), with the ability to read/understand, to draft non-standard correspondence, and to communicate efficiently and with courtesy in both languages.
The contract will be for six (06) months