Global Field Operations Associate/Manager at One Acre Fund,RwandaNovember 19, 2019
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 10 million farm families by 2030.
One Acre Fund is now operating field programs in nine countries. To support our vision to transform the lives of 10 million farm families by 2030, we must grow our newer countries of operation and work together across a vast geography. Alongside other global departments, the Global Field Operations Associate will spread best practices across contexts, promote collaboration between in-country staffers, and accomplish high caliber projects, improving the efficiency and efficacy of our field program globally. This is a chance to take strategic leadership of our field programs across a variety of countries, and contribute to our work on a global scale.
Specific responsibilities include:
- You will identify cross country projects that can be implemented, and prioritizing and scoping those projects. Projects should export key learnings, and being replicable and needed across multiple contexts.
- You will scope and plan projects in close coordination with the country team, and then perform them with an extended period of in-country support, and help the in-country team to measure and support the project.
- Specific examples of projects include:
- Build performance management systems for field teams.
- Reimagine repayment strategy for multiple teams.
- Standardize expansion planning approaches and support teams to set their strategy for scale.
Promote Collaboration between Field Operations Team
- You will support collaboration between in-country Field Operations leads across all program contexts to ensure the transfer of new ideas, and avoidance of repeating errors.
- Specific examples of project work include:
- Plan and maintain monthly FOPs leads a working group
- Plan annual Field Operations global conference
Provide Flexible Support
- You will provide in-country support for teams when they require uplifts in bandwidth. This work should not exceed ~30-40% of the Associate’s and should aim to similarly harness best practices and efficiencies from across the organization, and put into place long-term solutions.
- Examples of past in-country ad-hoc support include:
- Develop a professional development syllabus for Zambia
- Provide prepayment improvement support in Tanzania
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include:
- 2+ years of work experience
- Project management: Design and implement complex projects to success
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and improvement
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Cross-cultural fluency: You will collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to travel to rural locations, and to be based in Kigali, Rwanda
PREFERRED START DATE
1st December 2019
Kigali, Rwanda, with travel (~60-70%) to program countries
Commensurate with experience
Deputy Growth Country Director
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes. African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
How to Apply