Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) at CIC InsuranceNovember 13, 2019
CIC Insurance Group is the leading Cooperative Insurer in Africa, providing insurance and related financial services in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, and Malawi. The Group offers a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Medical Insurance, and Asset Management services. As a pioneer and leader in micro-insurance, the Group’s focus on innovation and excellence in service delivery has differentiated it in the market and earned it international recognition.
The Group seeks to recruit a dynamic and visionary leader to join this winning team as the Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO), reporting to the Group Board of Directors. The successful candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure that the company vision, mission, strategic goals, and objectives are executed and aligned with the corporate values while ensuring all legal, corporate governance and regulatory requirements are complied with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, implement and ensure achievement of the Group’s overall business strategy;
- Provide strategic leadership to the subsidiary Managing Directors and Regional Offices, serving as the principal link between the Subsidiary Boards and the Group Board;
- Provide strategic direction on matters relating to business performance, new investments and business opportunities and changes to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
- Responsible for group shared services including Finance, Legal, Actuarial, ICT, HR among others;
- Develop, establish and operationalize Group policies, and ensure that appropriate management structures and policies are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented;
- Establish and manage highly collaborative relationships with key policymakers, regulators, customers, and other key stakeholders, both locally and internationally, to ensure business retention and growth;
- Prepare regular and periodic reports to the Group Board for the strategic direction and qualitative assessment on the achievement of the planned goals;
- Ensure operating procedures and controls are established and communicated to solidify management control and direction of the organization; and
- Practice and promote a culture of high-quality standards, integrity, ethics, diversity, inclusion and corporate social responsibility across the Group.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Insurance, Actuarial Science, Business, Engineering, Law, or any other related field, gained from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate Qualification in a business-related field will be an added advantage;
- Be a member in good standing of a recognized professional body;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less than fifteen (15) years, with at least ten (10) years served in a senior leadership position in an organization of similar complexity as CIC Group, and be able to demonstrate P&L responsibility and accountability;
- Have proven strategic leadership skills/experience with a global perspective;
- Proven organizational and stakeholder management skill is a key requirement for this position;
- Be a highly networked individual with the ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organization;
- Knowledge of the financial services industry or experience in the cooperative movement will be an added advantage;
- Should have strong business development focus with a proven track record of business turnaround; and
- Have a thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on the company website.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents: Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Latest Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Certified copy of duly completed First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration form from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
To be considered, your application must be received no later than 27 November 2019 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.