Human Resources Supervisor at One Acre Fund TanzaniaNovember 7, 2019
- Review payroll change form & collect payroll change support document, follow up with Managers or RHRs on any red flags & data incorrectness timely
- Write an email to RHRs to follow up on payroll support documents and keep the documents linked on payroll report tab for a respective month as they are being received
- Update the excel payroll sheet with actual payroll changes to be entered on VIP
- Send finalized payroll Sheet to your Manager for QC before payroll data entry execution along with Payroll support document report
- Execute/enter payroll changes with support document on VIP payroll system
- Produce First Payroll report and submit it to your Manager for first QC and work on the recommended changes and share final list to your Manager for final QC
- Attend payroll lesson learned meetings with your manager every month after payroll
- Support on printing and distributing payslips every month after payroll has been processed.
Airtime, Statutory Processing, Submission, Reporting Filing
- Update Airtime & NHIF trackers for the changes to be worked on for a respective month ( new joiners leavers, maternity airtime cessation, etc)
- Assist the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to process Airtime and NHIF benefit in a timely manner, preferably soon after payroll approval & before the end of the month.
- Assist the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to process statutory payment and channel them to the right authorities ( WCF, SDL, PAYE, HESLB, TPAW etc) once the payments have been made together with the listing report
- Fill and Link all statutory payroll support documents for future use and audit purposes as well as to ensure compliance.
- Prepare statutory break down for all statutory authorities and share with your manager approval, these include; NSSF, P.A.Y.E, NHIF, WCF, HESLB, SDL, etc
- File all stamped statutory submissions with payment details, proof of payment, gvt receipts on statutory file
HESLB Reporting and Tracking
- Communicate formally to HESLB on the list of new staff and leavers on a monthly basis after aligning and approval from your Manager
- Communicate with HESLB to ensure the list of new Loan beneficiaries with loan information is received and tracked on a monthly basis.
- After aligning with your manager, formally inform staff before beginning loan deductions and get them to sign loan deduction consent form/letters before the start of any loan deduction and ensure the signed letter/form is filed and linked in respective payroll folders/file
- On a monthly basis, follow up with HESLB and support staff that have completed their HESLB loan for them to receive a loan clearance letter, File the letters in the HESLB file and link in the HESLB folder respectively.
- Soon after payroll, process HESLB deduction and once payment has processed, submit the HESLB listing together with proof of payment to HESLB before the 7th of each month.
- Properly maintain all HESLB records online and in hard copies for any future government and internal audit
Casual staff payment processing
- Review casual contract requests on payroll change form and on casual staff tracker and update the information on casual staff list/tracker
- In collaboration with RHRs, Manage the current list of all casual staff together with their contract start and end dates, ensure the list is updated when contract extension is granted or when the casual contract is terminated.
- Ensure all casuals of one month contract and above are processed through payroll whole casual of less than one month are processed on the casual portal
- Process payment through the casual portal ( salaries, transport & Housing) on weekly and monthly as necessary
- Ensure the casual tracker is updated at all times on who has been paid, what has been paid and whose payment has not been processed.
- Report on casuals and casual payments made to your manager on a weekly basis during check-ins and on a monthly basis
- Run refresher training for field leaders and Managers on casual staff Management and payment etc
Field HR support
- Attend weekly district meetings and offer payroll-related support, training and other HR projects together with the entire HR team.
- Ensure that Field staff payslips are distributed as early as possible on a monthly basis. Coordinate with regional Hrs as well as the HR team to ensure that payslips are distributed during the district meeting as early as possible.
- Support the HR team to run Field related HR actions such as HR pieces of training, WTM, etc when necessary.
Payroll Records Management
- Keep all records for payroll including a statutory record in a safe place both physical files and trackers, ensure these are accessible at all times when needed
- Ensure payroll trackers are up to date on a weekly basis ( casual, payroll report, statutory trackers, etc
- Ensure all files are stored in a safe and confidential place
Tracking payroll-related concerns
- Track all payroll related concerns brought forward by staff, here you are expected to coordinate with the HR managing the Hr hotline as well as regional Hrs.
- Ensure that these concerns are sorted and on a weekly and monthly basis report to your manager the nature of the concerns received and the frequency respectively.
- Prepare a neat check-in the document and share it with your Line manager one hour before the check-in time.
- Attend weekly Check-in meeting with your Manager.
- Report on your weekly tasks using the business as usual report
- Send monthly reports to your manager
- Perform any other duties as directed by your manager
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 1 or more year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience, preferably in HR or accounting at a non-profit organization
- Relevant educational background; preferably a Degree in Human Resources, Accountancy or a related field.
- Sound knowledge of human resources principles and practices and the Tanzania Labor Laws.
- Excellent communication skills and work well both independently or as members of a team.
- Working knowledge of and experience in utilizing and creating databases and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision
- Knowledge of Labour relations
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to embrace all OAF Values and able to provide humble services to all staff
- Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits