ICT – KENYA POWER PENSION FUNDApril 16, 2019
The ICT Manager will be responsible for formulating the Fund’s IT Strategy in response to business needs and recommend appropriate and cost-effective technical solutions and establish budgetary and risk implications. He/she will also be responsible for overall management of the ICT function, implementation of ICT operations, infrastructure and information systems management.
- Formulate, review and implement ICT strategies, policies, procedures and execution of the ICT Governance framework.
- Develop technical specifications and terms of reference in acquisition of new ICT systems and hardware.
- Document and articulate the IT strategy to the business leadership and provide periodic progress updates.
- Manage the contracting of vendors for IT services and liaise with them in matters regarding IT services provided.
- Liaise with different stakeholders to establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the ICT systems vendors to be able to provide the required support.
- Coordinate installation, setup and maintenance of new and existing systems, application and hardware based on signed off SLAs and contracts with service providers.
- Manage and monitor implementation of ICT projects.
- Advice on required ICT systems and hardware’s based on current and future business needs, current technological advancements and innovations.
- Responsible for risk assessment and management of ICT systems and infrastructure and exploitation of opportunities.
- Monitor systems and Database administration for all the Fund’s ICT systems.
- Responsible for safe custody of all ICT software’s, hardware accessories.
- Review and implementation of business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans and emergency response.
- Responsible for all ICT related equipment inventories and make requisition for ICT procurement as per the procurement plan.
- Monitor system logs and conduct routine system audits.
- Responsible for computer security and data integrity of the systems, safeguarding them from fraud and any kind of intrusion.
- Manage preventative maintenance on ICT infrastructure by service providers and ICT equipment related repairs.
- Prepare annual ICT Budget and manage its expenditure.
- Provide leadership on ICT operations and infrastructure ensuring that an appropriate technical support framework is in place, including management and delivery of service.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the Fund can gain competitive advantage.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Design and implement information security procedures based on best practice covering information system applications and infrastructure.
- Ensure the security, privacy and regulatory compliance of all systems, including mobile and portable technology.
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the ICT team, to achieve agreed annual targets; planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the divisional performance targets.
- Manage the staff resources within the department by the assignment of tasks and ensuring that guidance is given for the teams to meet their goals.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in ICT: MCSE, IMIS, CCNA or related qualification.
- Membership to a Professional body
- Eight (8) years’ post qualification experience in ICT role in a medium or large size organization with at least three (3) years at management level.
- A master’s degree in Computer Science or management information system will be an added advantage.
- Manage the career progression of the ICT staff, ensuring that assignments meet their career goals and that all relevant training is provided
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs within the ICT department.
- Strong leadership skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve the Fund’s objectives.
- Demonstrated business acumen – able to create strategy and actions that impact business success.
- Ability to be forward thinking and use technology and other modern tools to drive decision making and implementation.
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Risk awareness and focus – demonstrate understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies.
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements please apply by either uploading or updating your CV Here under the ‘IT & Telecoms’ category.
Please Note: Due the large number of applications we get we are unable to contact all the applicants. If we haven’t contacted you in two weeks it means you application wasn’t successful. However, we will still retain your CV in our database and we will contact you if another suitable position comes up.