In-house Lawyer at Huawei TechnologiesDecember 9, 2019
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
- To provide expert legal advice to senior level management, board members, and business units;
- Review and negotiate various agreements and documents with suppliers and customers including sales contract, confidential agreement, tender documents, etc.;
- Identify risks and propose alternative options to reduce the risks involved in prospective transactions;
- Communicate with external attorneys to provide legal advice on the issues related to the Company’s obligations, rights, risks and organization privileges if needed;
- Collaborate with Senior Executive Team and other internal departments, such as HR, Finance, Marketing, and Professional Development, etc., to assure legal compliance for company’s operation;
- Collaborate with external attorneys to defend the Company’s rights involved in contract negotiation, disputes settlement, and litigation in needed;
- Coordinate with HR, Management Team or external attorneys (if needed) in order to enforce the Company’s procedures and policies legally;
- Support the legally related issues and compliance regarding all business units (telecommunication operator, enterprise, and device);
- Comfortable to business trip within Kenya for support occasionally.
- Candidate must have LLB degree or Master of Law will be highly recommended
- Be licensed to practice law in Kenya
- Atleast 3 to 5 years relevant legal experience preferably gained in telecommunication industry
- Must be able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness and be a team player
- Strong knowledge of Kenyan contract, tax, intellectual property, corporate, labor, immigration laws, etc.
- Knowledge of INCOTERMS and understanding of importation process.
- Strong consulting skills with excellent commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
We offer you a professional career in one of the leading multinational telecommunication companies, challenging work, and a competitive salary package. Training opportunities are available for professional improvement
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Huawei Technologies career website on www.linkedin.com to apply