INTERNAL AUDITOR – SUBARU KENYAMay 23, 2019
Internal Auditor Jobs, Audit Jobs, Subaru Kenya Jobs
Subaru Kenya is the sole franchise holder and exclusive distributor of the Subaru range of motor vehicles and genuine Subaru parts in East Africa. It is also a division of ECTA (Kenya) Limited. The Subaru range includes the latest models of Impreza, WRX-STI, Subaru XV, Legacy, Forester, & Outback.
Reporting to the Managing Director and Board, the job holder shall be responsible for timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the company’s audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
Audit, Risk and compliance Duties
- Prepare the annual audit plan and ensure audit plan delivery through audit reviews
- Develop, review, update and implement an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework for the organization
- Carry out quarterly risk assessment and maintain and regularly update the organization’s risk register
- Assess best financial practice for the organization and make relevant recommendations
- Evaluate efficiency of risk management procedures that are currently in place
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal control and governance processes
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline and recommending risk mitigation techniques and controls
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Coordinating external statutory audits and follow up to ensure all recommendations are implemented on a timely basis
- Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with management and external auditors
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing operating information and trends
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Control and Monitoring
- Provide consolidated reporting, inclusive of an overall audit profile, ensuring that major risks are identified and reported to the Management on risk hotspots, measures and recommendations
- Appraise adequacy of internal control systems
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with the all relevant statutory guidelines
- Ensure that all financial and other reporting requirements are done correctly and within the required deadlines
- Maintaining a database of all licenses and contracts and ensuring timely renewal of both
- Reviewing all contracts prior to execution and ensuring that all SLAs are met.
- Maintaining the required compliance and corporate files as mandated by the standards and other applicable regulators.
- Overseeing the day- to- day administration of the company’s code of ethics
- Responding to regulatory inquiries and third-party examiners
- Managing the company’s certification processes to ensure that all certification requirements are adhered to and certifications maintained
- Reconciling documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy
- Communication. Follow-up on outstanding audit issues
- Training. Conduct staff training on audit areas and programs geared towards raising level of compliance.
- Systems and processes. Develop and implement processes and procedures that enhance efficiency and compliance
- Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or related field
- Professional qualifications e.g. CPA/ACCA/CFA/ACII/FIA/FFA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an audit/compliance function
- Knowledge of IFRS guidelines
- Ability to analyze situations for compliance and business risk, and implement solutions to address and mitigate such risk
- Strong analytical skills and proper and organized documentation skills
- Proven capability to provide useful insights and pragmatic solutions to business challenges
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs stating their current, and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2019 and clearly indicating the subject heading “Internal Auditor”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.