Job Opportunities at Java House – 3 PositionsAugust 28, 2018
In 1999, we introduced coffee drinking and gourmet café culture to Kenya. As we grew, we created more spots where people could enjoy the Java experience conveniently. Java House is on the move — we’re building branches and creating jobs all over East Africa, working to bring the Java experience closer to you.
- Job Type:Full Time
- Experience:5 years
- Job Field:Finance / Accounting / Audit
We’re looking for Financial Manager Property, Repairs & Maintenance to join our team.
Complete Projects and Repairs & Maintenance financial management and reporting, Cost budgeting and allocation. Contribute financial assessment to the property department on the funding model (feasibility studies) and manage the project financial administrative functions.
- Review feasibility studies done by the property department
- Proactive assessment of projects feasibility financial ratios and key performance ratios and make recommendations
- Prepare and manage Projects Capex budgets
- Manage project transactions and reconciliations
- Authorizations of project requisitions
- Manage project funds and payments
- Manage project asset tagging after store build
- Capitalization of the project cost
- Manage the fixed asset register for branches
- Participate in the costing process
- Review and sign off the Po’s and supplier invoices
- Manage Repairs & Maintenance budgets
- Manage Repairs & Maintenance cost allocations against budget
- Manage Repairs & Maintenance department monthly financials
- Interpret feasibility models and make recommendations
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of project costing and financial management
- Provide workable solutions to financial issues
- Ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya ( CPA K)
- Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in Accounting /Commerce /Finance
- Five years’ experience in financial reporting
- Experience in property environment at a senior level position is an added advantage
Local Store Marketer
- Job Type:Full Time
- Experience:1 – 2 years
- Job Field:Sales / Marketing
Java House is currently sourcing for a self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of local store marketer based in Nairobi.
To assist the Graphic Designer to develop on-brand marketing collateral and develop touch points for various media; online and offline as required to support the business.
Marketing Program Implementations:
- Support execution of national marketing efforts and reinforce national promotions with local store marketing activities
- Supports Java House’s internal activities involved in increasing restaurant involvement.
- Obtain approval for all marketing plans from the Brand Manager
- Follow through on all details of the marketing programs
- Collaborates all engagements with the Brand Manager/Area Manager/ Branch Manager
Planning & Administration:
- Analyze the restaurant’s current business position in the market
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the restaurant’s current LSM programs
- Make recommendations on the restaurant marketing mix dependent on consumer, competition and store characteristics
- Plan and execute a 12 months LRM Plan for each restaurant and per region
- Evaluate each program upon completion to determine what went smoothly and how things can be improved for the next campaign
- Complete tracking reports and submit to Brand Manager/Marketing Manager/Area Manager/Operations Manager on a weekly basis
Local Store Marketer Job Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications or related field
- Flexibility to travel
- Driver’s License preferred
- Good computer skills, proficient in Word, Excel, and especially PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational, time management and product management skills
- Ability to multi-task to meet aggressive time schedules
- Good problem-solving ability with vision and creativity
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills, Social & digital media fanatic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a competitive drive, wants to dominate the competition
- 1 to 2 years of hospitality or retail marketing experience.
Graphic Design Internship
- Job Type:Full Time
- Job Field:Graduate Jobs / Internships Media / Advertising / Branding
Java House is currently sourcing for a self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of graphic design intern based in Nairobi.
To assist the Graphic Designer to develop on-brand marketing collateral and develop touch points for various media; online and offline as required to support the business
- Strengthen brand identity of Java House affiliate brands by developing communication products that include digital media, reports, publications, flyers, posters, etc.
- Create concepts and ideas to visually communicate our brand and goals
- Partner with marketing team to design concepts for campaigns, events and other special projects including mock-ups
- Ensure content and design align with the house style and brand
- Assist with production and editing of on-brand videography for Java House affiliate brands
- Education qualifications in graphic design, media or related qualifications
- Sharp sense of graphic design and digital media trends
- Strong English writing and copywriting skills
- Very good communicator
- Excellent analytical skills to translate complex ideas into aesthetically pleasing, understandable, attention-grabbing information
- Flexibility to work on weekends, holidays and evenings where necessary
- Experience in graphic design and use of graphic design software a must. You need to know how to use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop at an advanced level
- Experience in multimedia, marketing, desktop design, journalism, media and/or communication industry
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
- Financial Manager
- Local Store Marketer
- Graphic Design Internship