Lead Prosthetist / Orthotist (m/f)September 26, 2019
Making people mobile – worldwide. Ottobock’s products and services in prosthetics and orthotics as well as human mobility and patient care ensure independence and quality of life for people with physical mobility challenges. With around 7.000 employees in more than 50 countries, our family enterprise is the global leader in Technical Orthopedics.
As part of the global growth strategy, Ottobock is participating actively in the development of the technical orthopedic sector in the African continent. In order to increase our presence and consolidate relationships with governments, partners, distributors and users in East Africa, we are establishing an Ottobock Nairobi branch. Therefore we want to recruit at the earliest opportunity, a
Lead Prosthetist & Orthotist (m/f)
– Implement processes for daily routine of the orthopedic center
– Oversee day-to-day team operations and performance
– Monitor team performance and make regular reports to management with recommendations where necessary
– Assess patients in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate
– Provide treatment based on best practice, measuring, tracing/casting and fitting
– Ensure prostheses issued to patients are a correct fit and functioning satisfactorily in line with patient needs and prescription guidelines
– Liaise with management to address identified quality problems and assist in providing effective solutions, thus minimizing unnecessary wastage
– Treat all users with dignity keeping them informed on their prosthetic treatment and the basis for actions/advice
– Review on a weekly basis the caseload to ensure that satisfactory progress is being made in providing appliances in compliance to the agreed timeframe
– Provide management with information where there are difficulties in achieving satisfaction either in quality of fit or in achieving the recommended timescales or specified requirements
– Participate in clinical audits
– Co-ordinate / Communicate with internal / external customers when necessary
– Lead by setting a good example (role model) – behavior consistent with words
– Certified Prosthetist & Orthotist (min. 5 years experiences)
– Management experience
– Fluent Technical/Business English
– Excellent Intercultural skills
– Physical and mental capacity
– Strong presentation skills
– Excellent communication skills
Your future with us
We offer you an international and growing business environment with a richly diverse field of work. Ottobock provides performance linked wages and interesting allowances packages. With our extensive qualification programs, you will obtain individual development opportunities and perspectives.
We look forward to receiving your application for the position in question.
Please state your earliest possible starting date and renumeration expectations.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above qualifications apply by Uploading or Updating your CV Here.