Local Project Coordinator (Nairobi, Kenya) at PYXERA GlobalDecember 4, 2019
PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO with offices around the world, will be managing a Global Pro Bono program in Nairobi, Kenya scheduled to take place from May 23 – June 5, 2020. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part-time local project coordinator currently residing in Nairobi to provide project management and logistical support to the selected team of high-level, executive corporate volunteers who will provide pro bono consulting services to local, social sector organizations.
The selected local project coordinator’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following.
- Project Development & Implementation
- Identify and select potential clients and help to develop Scope of Works (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention requested by local host clients (mostly nonprofits and social enterprises).
- Support local host clients in preparing for arrival of corporate volunteers and ensuring stakeholder meetings are arranged
- Participate in conference calls with corporate volunteers in advance of their arrival in Nairobi
- Support corporate volunteers, providing advice and guidance around SOW delivery
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and partners in Nairobi, including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the corporate volunteers and partners
- Participate in meetings with corporate volunteers, as requested
- Prepare financial and final program reports
- Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation in Nairobi for corporate volunteers
- Coordinate the kick-off and closing event(s) for corporate volunteers and host clients
- Prepare Nairobi-related guides and suggestions for project guides
- Orient new corporate volunteers upon arrival in Nairobi
- Manage project travel logistics for corporate volunteers while they are in Nairobi
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for corporate volunteers and troubleshoot challenges they may face
- Monitor and advise on security arrangements for corporate volunteers when they are in Nairobi
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must be based in Nairobi with in-depth area familiarity
- College degree in communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and able to work in a team, as well as individually with limited supervision
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop SOWs with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills
This is a part-time consultant position with an estimate timeline of 5 – 6 months with an immediate start date. Pay is based on past experience and the type of work required for this position.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PYXERA Global career website on www.pyxeraglobal.org to apply