Manager-Content Generation at Safaricom KenyaNovember 14, 2019
At Safaricom, our evolution has been driven by the spirit of innovation. We can provide you with multiple opportunities to innovate and solve real-world, complex technical and business problems as you join us on our journey. We strive to have various career opportunities available for undergraduates.
We are pleased to announce the subject Job Opportunity in Corporate Communication Department within the Corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, the position holder will be responsible for development and maintenance of a proactive multimedia news content generation strategy; ensuring effective delivery and publication of well-crafted corporate narrative ensuring Safaricom derives maximum PR value from business and social investments; executing and ensuring high quality and relevant output on external corporate communications, such as Safaricom Newsroom, LinkedIn, Safaricom Telegram, and Safaricom Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Take a leading role in developing multimedia news content for syndicating to external media outlets.
- Advice on best practice, identifying key priorities, balancing stakeholder expectations and needs with resources available to deliver effective multimedia news content strategy
- Refine storytelling strategy to ensure the Safaricom story is well amplified and received in public in a way that adds to the Net Promoter Score for the business.
- Work with internal teams to produce communication that sets the right tone for the company.
- Work towards building a positive company image with all external audiences and externally via channels such as LinkedIn, Newsroom, Telegram
- Manage communication for all external-facing communication platforms- generating content for Safaricom Newsroom, LinkedIn, Safaricom Telegram, and Safaricom Instagram and Facebook pages and all other channels as may be appropriate.
- Identify and influence external stakeholders and clients on strategic messaging.
- Analyze communication effectiveness and revise the appropriately planned communication strategies
- Pro-actively provide communication program results to the business and make use of metrics to inform further communication projects
- Formulate various policies and procedures connecting to communications objectives under external platforms.
- Produce programs, documentaries films and audio/video products.
- Undertake regular training and in-house communication courses for executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication or related field, Political Science, Public Administration, Law, and other social sciences; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in relevant disciplines, like multimedia publishing.
- A copywriter-heavy writing skills with a nose for news.
- Success in Content Generation and Management.
- Editorial Knowledge in publishing and news generation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent people management skills.
Method of Application
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of the certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1-year-old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of a certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate or letter from the University requesting for internship
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to Safaricom Kenya career website on safaricom.taleo.net to apply
See more Safaricom Vacancies at https://opportunitiesforyoungkenyans.co.ke/2019/11/12/10-vacancies-open-safaricom/