Manager.Financial Accounting at Kenya AirwaysDecember 9, 2019
Are you a highly motivated professional with genuine interest in finance and looking for an opportunity to build your career in a fast-paced environment? This position at Kenya Airways presents you with the opportunity to grow and develop an exciting career that will allow you to utilize your knowledge of the financial sector, stock exchange and capital markets to make valuable contributions within Finance.
Reporting to the Head – Accounting & Tax, the role holder will be responsible for providing the Group with accurate, meaningful and timely reporting of monthly and periodic financial reports that will give management the required information for formulating policies, planning strategies, evaluating performance and controlling activities of the Group. The role holder will also be tasked with the responsibility of preparing Group’s Annual statutory financial statements that comply with the relevant statutory requirements, the IFRS and relevant stock exchanges and capital market authorities. He/she will also be required to ensure Subsidiaries’ and Associates’ financial reports are provided to Kenya Airways management in time, review these statements for correctness and accuracy, before consolidating them into the Group accounts, Monitor Technical stocks from purchase to obsolescence to avoid exposure as well as support Technical department on financial related activities.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Produce Group annual report and financial statements that meet statutory requirements and management reporting standards (IFRS, IAS, Companies Act, etc) as well as maintaining sound, accurate, reconciled and up to date financial records.
- Maintain proper balance sheet accounts, ensuring adequacy of provisions to avoid large adjustments and surprises arising out of past events.
- Review general ledger account reconciliations for accuracy and timeliness in their preparation as well as absence of long outstanding reconciling items.
- Prepare monthly as well as periodic management reports (Accounts and Capex reports) including commentaries on the variances from plan.
- Co-ordinate and guide the business in regard to Capex budgeting ensuring items of expense nature are not budgeted under Capex and vice versa and that only viable Capex is budgeted for.
- Prepare statement of financial position and cash flow for budgets and strategy to aid management in decision making.
- Liaise between management and the external auditors to ensure smooth audit process.
- Coordinate the audit process and resolve audit issues within three months after the completion of the audit to ensure controls effectiveness of controls.
- Obtain variance analysis for departmental capex reports between actual capex and budgets to determine if expenditure is within budget.
- Ensure the Group’s fixed assets are properly managed.
- Prepare / evaluate Capex justifications (CBAs) before committing company funds to ensure investment is done in viable projects.
- Formulate, maintain, enforce and control financial policies, procedures and internal controls within the section and Subsidiaries to ensure compliance with all reporting requirements as well as safeguard assets of the company.
- Review Subsidiaries’ financial reports for correctness and accuracy, before consolidating them into the Group accounts.
- Monitor Technical stocks from purchase to obsolescence.
- Develop, train, motivate and coach staff to enhance performance for increased productivity.
- Ensure leave is taken by all to the stipulated levels to reduce the Kenya Airways financial exposure at the end of year.
- Inculcate safety procedures at the workplace for good working environment for the team.
- Degree in Business related field with at least 7 years’ experience in a senior finance and accounting role in a busy commercial undertaking or external audit or consultancy firm.
- Full accounting Qualification – CPA/ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
- MBA and IFRS / IAS training will be an added advantage.
- Advanced Skills in Ms Office tools e.g Word, Excels etc and has experience in using ERPs.
- Advanced analytical and financial acumen skills twinned with an active and avid interest in finance.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to maintain detailed and accurate record of transactions and handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced interpersonal and problem Solving Skills.
How to Apply