Marketing Manager – IMA at Coca-Cola CompanyDecember 9, 2019
A career at Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It’s more than working for the global beverage leader; it’s an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts the world. From our product portfolio to the planet itself, we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career — we offer you an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
As a global icon and keeper of the world’s most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of Coca-Cola WABU
The Franchise Marketing Manager – Islands Mid Africa (IMA) is responsible for leading the development of business & marketing strategies affecting the total portfolio within the cluster; ultimately delivering positive Volume, NSR, PBT & Brand Love growth.
The Company’s effort in building a strong consumer insight driven business growth model across all of the NARTD Beverage categories, coupled with development of scalable programs & tools for implementation in the 12 countries of IMA by our 11 Bottling partners – is critical to our short and long-term business success. This person will be a key contributor in shaping the relationship and strategic plan development with this partner.
The key purpose of this role is the development of market-based strategies & tactics collaboratively with the WABU Marketing leaders, WIMA Franchise Leadership Team, and the Bottling partners to ensure we implement strong plans for consumer-driven business growth. They will also have ownership of key Business Unit initiatives and programs required by the WABU Business Plan, to achieve long-term growth objectives. These programs will require the individual to oversee a team of marketing associates that will collaborate with WABU Central Marketing, Franchise C&CL, Other functions (Finance, IMCC, Operations, Supply Chain, Commercialization), and the Bottlers Marketing & Operations teams to ensure complete delivery of the agreed plan.
The person in this role will be responsible for managing a team of Senior brand Managers and the assistant brand manager to carry out the above business responsibilities. They will be required to balance governance & engagement throughout the planning and implementation of the business plans; ensuring each associate has an individualized career and development plan to follow and grow. As a member of the Growth Leadership team, they will be responsible for providing assessments of their associates and calibration of the Marketing Community through the people development forum process. The person will be part of the WIMA Franchise leadership team and will be expected to contribute fully as a Marketing leader, into the Franchise discussions led by the Franchise GM. The person will be responsible to provide the assessment of the marketing team in the Franchise people development forum as well.
IMA Marketing Plan Development & Implementation
- Leads Annual Franchise Marketing Business Planning – providing “end-2-end” business solutions that deliver “through the line” messaging to consumers/shoppers coupled with strong affordability & availability thought-leadership to deliver BP objectives across all categories and brands. (NSR growth/ Transactions growth/ Value Share / BLS)
- Develop the corresponding prioritized investment strategy deciding the allocation, post aligning all key stakeholders, and own overall management of DME for IMA. In addition, provide proactive / alternative marketing & commercial plans, budget management and contingency planning to deliver positive ROI and competitive disruption; thus requiring in-depth market understanding & agility.
- Owns Bottlers Relationship on Marketing Strategy and Plans; leading regular operational & marketing excellence routines/discussions with Bottlers.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of the key projects identified within the Strategic Business Plan – including Communication, Innovation, and In-Store Messaging. Lead, through Agencies / Direct Reports, the project management of all key programs, achieving support and approval from key Franchise, BU & Bottlers stakeholders.
- Partner with all key Bottlers and stakeholders to assess and mitigate any potential risks related to the programs’ implementation.
- Identify & leverage external and internal best practices as applicable to the specific Franchise programmes; harvesting the maximum learning and inform the development and activation of best in class programmes by the BU Central team.
People Management & Organizational Development
- Provide Coaching & Development of Direct Reports (SBM/ABM/Admin Assistant) in achieving overall business objectives – while ensuring Associate Development continues on-track for capability development and career progression
- Work closely with the Capability lead to identify programs for Associates to develop them (marketing and leadership).
Long-Term Market Strategy & Planning
- Develops & Provides Thought Leadership On Portfolio Strategy – based on WABU and WIMA portfolio Strategy and Growth Plan – to develop Innovation Pipeline (Product, Pack, Equipment) to achieve long-term growth.
Co-Lead with Franchise Performance & Planning Manager – key long-term strategic recommendations to the General Manager & WABU Marketing Director on Where to Win and How to Win.
Minimum Years Of Experience
12-15 years within TCCC or Other Global FMCG company with a significant brand consumer/product roles. In depth understanding, knowledge and practical experience in consumer marketing and ideally sales/operations management. Demonstrated people management both direct and in-direct over numerous years.
Preferred: Master’s Degree – preferably MBA or Masters in Marketing
Fluent in English and French
Why Coca Cola WABU/Nigeria
- We have a fantastic work culture – fueled by entrepreneurial, driven and compassionate individuals committed to driving
- We take pride in our office’s design, aimed at fostering creativity and collaboration
- We believe in your total well-being – social, mental, physical and emotional
- Free coke!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Coca-Cola Company career website on careers.coca-colacompany.com to apply