Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Action Against Hunger-UgandaDecember 3, 2019
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 6,500 staff in over 45 countries, our programs reached 14.9 million people in 2015.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct project indicator mapping and develop standard process monitoring tools to track and report project progress
- Recruit enumerators, train and supervise data collection exercise and ensure daily quality check for surveys, assessments.
- Track project performance indicators through activity progress monitoring and provide periodic feedback to project implementation teams during internal reviews
- Prepare proper archive for electronic and hard copy documentation from project monitoring and implementation: beneficiaries list, distribution lists, training report, survey reports, monthly progress reports etc.
- S/he shall identify beneficiaries to follow up and document success stories or case studies. S/he shall lead visitors or donors during field visits to show case outcome and impact of the project in the community.
- Take lead in coordinating, compiling and documenting stakeholder concerns, feedback and response through established mechanisms as stipulated in the organization’s CRM standard procedures.
- Organize community engagement forums; community dialogues and beneficiary focus group discussions to promote participations, share information, capture emerging issues, complaints, feedback and responses.
- Embed documentation of lessons learned and emerging issues in all M&E activities and systematically feed this learning into annual project reviews.
- Build the capacity of all project staff on participatory monitoring, evaluation, reporting and data use for decision.
- He/she will be responsible for data entry, cleaning and analysis and reporting of the projects in a timely manner
Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must be enthusiastically pursuing a career in Monitoring and Evaluation
- The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject
- Post graduate qualification in project M&E or Planning and Management will be an added advantage
- Three years’ experience in implementing M&E interventions in an International NGO
- Previous experience working in Humanitarian and development sector is an added advantage.
- You have ability to work effectively in a multi-sectoral organization requiring strong communication, planning & organization skills.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with ability to build strong team and manage team expectations
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience communicating in different cultural work environments & with a wide diversity of culture
- You are highly organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure.
- You are disciplined, self-motivated and able to set and meet deadlines, work independently and arrive at decisions and conclusions with minimal guidance, and within timeline
- You have capacity to analyze data and reporting and disseminate in large forums
- You possess Good practical knowledge of commonly used computer software (word, outlook, excel, power point, ODK, KOBO Toolbox) and statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, R, SAS, EPIDATA).
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to the following email addresses
Please copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 6th December 2019.