Nurse – Midwife at Jacaranda HealthNovember 18, 2019
Jacaranda Health Limited operates a maternity hospital that aims to set a new standard for maternity and childcare in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to middle / low-income urban women and their families.
Our hospital is located in Kahawa West and we will be soon expanding to other locations in the region.
We strive to be a data-driven company that improves its operational efficiency through informed decision making on the costs and pricing mechanisms in the health care market.
Please visit www.jacarandamaternity.co.ke for more details.
We are seeking to hire a Nurse – midwife.
We are looking for someone highly motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative and with a passion for providing quality care to our clients.
Overall Purpose: Responsible for providing and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care to expectant mothers while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to support it in achieving quality health service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and hospital protocols, and which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS)
- Work in collaboration with the clinical team and the management to implement effective procedures, rules, regulations that are consistent with the organization’s values and policies.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols for nursing services.
- Ensure compliance with established professional and institutional policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, family planning, deliveries, and other services for clients at the facility based on Jacaranda Health’s clinical protocols and processes
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all clients
- Maintain client and clinic operational data using our electronic medical records and other information systems
- Maintain a good relationship with the community.
- Work closely with peer educators, CHWs, and traditional birth attendants for outreach and education within the community
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/(medical training) college
- Position holders should have at least 3 years’ experience working as a licensed Nurse/Midwife in a busy maternity institution.
- The position holder should also have experience as a scrub nurse including in-hospital surgical departments and clinics.
- Hold an active Nursing license from the local Nursing Council.
- Basic skills in neonatal/pediatric nursing an added advantage
Method of Application
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Nurse- Midwife as the Email Subject by 29th November 2019, but we shall be interviewing on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate.
Kindly include your expected remuneration and availability in your application
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.