OFFICE ADMINISTRATORJune 14, 2019
Job Title: Office Administrator
Reports To: Human Resources & Logistics Assistant
Duty station: Kigali
Supervisor Duties: Manages Office Assistant.
Water For People is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) that works with people and partners to develop innovative and long-lasting solutions to the water, sanitation, and hygiene problems globally. The organization strives to continually improve, experiment with promising new ideas, and leverage resources to multiply its impact.
Office Administrator provides support to the Country Program activities in maintaining an effective and efficient office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Attend to all Water For People guests and clients in an appropriate manner by portraying an appropriate corporate image that upholds Water For People values. Must at all times offer pleasant support to any direct queries from clients & guests.
- Responsible for escalation and closure of client/guest complaints.
- Screen office phone calls and take messages when needed staff is unavailable
- Ensure all calls are managed professionally including appropriate address when receiving calls, correct transfer, message taking and follow-ups;
- Assist staff with photocopying and scanning office documents as needed.
- Ensure that the server scan folder is cleaned up regularly.
- Maintain and regularly update the list of office contacts and service providers.
- Ensure the front office and office premises are clean and orderly.
- Ensure correct and timely dispatch of inbound and outbound mail.
- Route incoming correspondence to staff, stamps, and files routine correspondence.
- Handle organization correspondence by ensuring a high degree of confidentiality
- Draft correspondence such as letters, memos, etc. at the request of the Senior Management Team.
- Work together with the Country Program Team for the efficient running of the program activities
- Ensure that requisition of office stationery and kitchen consumables are prepared and submitted to the responsible staff (HR and Logistics Assistant) on time and ensure accountability of the purchased office consumables.
- Provide support to the HR and Logistics Assistant in managing events and other program activities including the management of venue services to external users.
- Make travel arrangement including pick up, drop off, hotel accommodation for Water For People- Rwanda staff traveling abroad and incoming visitors;
- Control Water For People vehicles, including reviewing and analyzing vehicle log book records and assist the finance team in preparation of monthly logbook report;
- Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays a leading social impact in international development.
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Manages through Ambiguity – Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and ambiguity.
- Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – Able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Action-oriented – Maintains an attitude of open, curious and proactive learning, continually expanding own area of understanding and expertise.
- Connects with Others – Listens and fosters open communication through questioning, dialogue, and information sharing.
- Self-confident – Demonstrates humility, mature confidence, and courage to innovate, risk, and lead in own role.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Diploma in office administration, finance, and accounting, secretarial studies, hospitality management or any other office administration related field.
- Ability to use office equipment: printers/scanners.
- 2 years’ experience preferably in an NGO setting.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Full and up-to-date computer literacy, especially in all MS and Windows-based applications, including Excel, Word, and other relevant software.
- Full literacy in accessing email systems and navigating on the internet.
- Demonstrated writing, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Self-starter and ability to undertake tasks without intensive supervision
- Ability to adapt to change, manage stress and conflict well.
- Ability to work in a team and have a good attitude.
- Have a high work ethic and maintain confidentiality.
- Having a valid driving license would be an advantage.
- The position is based at Water For People’s Rwanda office;
- Trips within and outside Kigali will be required from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your application letter along with detailed curriculum vitae (resume), relevant academic documents, and contact details of at least two (2) referees.
- Applications need to be received no later than 19 June at 4:00 pm (Rwanda time).
Applications can be sent to email@example.com