Payables Accountant Job (60K)April 12, 2019
Our client in the FMCG Industry is looking to hire a Payables Accountant. He/she will be tasked with the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner by providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization.
Reporting To: Head of Finance
- Writing and posting cheques in the system while ensuring correctness of the information.
- To maintain Petty cash that is adequate for the petty expenses and ensures timely cash reimbursement
- Issuing Purchase Orders on approved quotations including stock purchases
- Maintenance of PO register, follow up on undelivered and problem orders to ensure that the goods and services are adequately delivered
- To escalate any monthly outstanding orders so that further action can be taken by the management.
- Authenticate quotations for main services and goods and also maintaining a quotations file for future records.
- Reconciling supplier accounts for any reconciling items/transactions to get the correct and updated statement
- Receipt of suppliers bills, verification and request for approval. Posting and filing the approved invoice voucher in outstanding/unpaid invoice file.
- Produce costing for department utilities e.g. fuel, spares, stationeries etc.
- Analyze all company costs Comparing with the budget costs and escalating to the management for course of further action.
- Monitoring the SLA and ensuring they are renewed on time after they expire.
- Receipt of stocks in the sage system to ensure that the stock ledger reconcile with the physically received goods.
- Be involved in production of financial reports, P&L, Balance sheet and management reports
- Closing of GITs with all the costs and produce the GIT ledger for Approval on monthly basis and escalate delays of the invoices from the supplier
- Prepare Wages summary and ensure payment of the same to avoid delays.
- Ensure back up of that all the data done on timely basis to avoid loss of any data.
- Participate in Internal and External Audit in producing the required data and support documents.
- GIT account – monitoring stock in transit. Making the relevant entries on receipt of invoices and payment on purchase, clearing and receipt of goods to warehouse. Closing GIT on arrival of stock to warehouse
- Monitoring actual cost vs budget and making adjustment in the books on receipt of full consignment to warehouse
- Manage GIT supplier accounts i.e. Product supplier, clearing and forwarding agents and external warehousing.
- Bank agent for collection of cash, statements and any other correspondence
- Participate in Internal and External Audit
- Involved in production of financial reports
- Any other assignment by the management
- University Degree in Bcom (Finance/Accounting)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Very effective organizational skills
- Be flexible
- Strong business ethics
- Strategic focus
- Personal Credibility, Honest, Trustworthy & High Integrity
- Strong personality, excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Payables Accountant on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current &Expected salaries