Poultry Farm Manager -Embu (50-70K).September 3, 2019
Our client is an indigenous company located in Embu. Specialized in poultry production, growth and export of fresh produce targeted for the European market. They seek to hire an experienced Poultry Farm Manager who will be in charge of the production processes as well as general management.
Title: Poultry Farm Manager – Embu
Salary: 50k – 70k
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
- Maintaining a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Ensure animal products are ready for deadlines, such as markets
- Ensure health and safety standards across the farm estate are followed
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Ensuring productive and engaged production team by employing suitable and acceptable human resources practices
- To ensure attainment of plans that support strategic direction by developing, implementing and evaluation of the business plans, operating budgets and strategic plans from time to time
- To safeguard both company’s physical and intangible assets by instituting proper internal control systems and procedures
- To ensure the Directors are informed on the animals performance through provision of quality periodic reports
- To ensure proper management of the company’s projects through carrying out their monitoring and evaluation
- Budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records
- Carry out any other roles assigned by the Management from time to time
- Diploma in Agriculture/Animal production
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy poultry production establishment
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Good organizational, communication, inter-personal, cross-culture and team skills
- Well-developed problem solving and decision making skill.
Click here to apply.