Technical Software Developer/ Engineer (30k-40k)September 13, 2019
Our client is a leading company in its sector, experienced in installation of all high-tech ICT systems and provision of power solutions requiring high levels of expertise and excellence. We leverage on technology to empower businesses and people. We have expanded our portfolio to new technologies such as IoT, innovative Value added Wi-Fi solutions, Home Automation, AI (Artificial Intelligence) and cloud enabled services.
The developer will be responsible for vendor partnerships, establishing new business relationships and surveying the best solutions for clients, delivering technical presentations, demonstrate product acumen and technical sales skills. H/She will work with other departments to support digital marketing activities, innovation, new product development and keeping up to date on current technology trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in BSc Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum two (2) years’experience in a similar position
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver effectively under pressure
- Mature and able to work effectively with teams
Roles & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Developer will spearhead efforts to develop, test and implement CLOUD SOLUTIONS.
- H/She will work with a team comprised of the Business Development staff as well as the Project Management staff.
- H/She will have oversight of the long term and the day to day operations of the business and the team as relates to solutions design, innovation, business development and managing projects.
- He/ She will particularly work towards developing technical and specialized solutions to complex IT problems involving Microsoft-based software products and CLOUD-BASED solutions including Microsoft Azure and Microsoft’s Office 365 suite.
Microsoft Azure/ Office 365
- Design, plan,develop and implement solutions within the Office 365 portfolio primarily but not limited to SharePoint Online, Yammer, Office Web Apps, Flow and PowerApps
- Works directly with clients to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implementation solutions as well as assisting with input for final documentation
- Participate in sales opportunities working with the Office 365 business development consultant in demonstrations, evaluations and proof of concepts as required
- Utilize agile development methodologies and Microsoft best practices to derive branded solutions/IP around Office 365 applications including SharePoint, Yammer, PowerApps and Flow
- Write and maintain functional and technical specifications
- Develop and maintain plans outlining steps and time tables for developing, testing, and installing Office 365 applications
- Train end users or technical support staff to use Office 365 applications
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation
- Develop strategic level relationships within industry leaders, stay abreast of industry trends and technology direction through industry certifications and education, technology forums and user groups
- Continuous product development on: Smart homes, Cyber Security solutions, Cloud Solutions and Network Solutions
- Offering after-sales support services
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
- Helping in the design of custom-made products
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Researching and testing on product kits that will suit the company
- Attending tradeshows and relevant events on behalf of the company
- Assist marketing department with pre-sales and tender compilation duties
- Assist other departments in actions associated with organizations goals and objectives
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their CV stating their current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title, “Pre-sales Software Developer/ Engineer” on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.