Quality Assurance Manager at KCB Bank KenyaNovember 22, 2019
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
IT Quality Assurance unit is mandated to develop and establish quality assurance, policies, standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
The Quality Assurance Manager will perform quality reviews on business requirements, develop standardized testing methods and strategies, lead in the execution of functional and non-functional tests and implementing quality testing and reporting processes in order to track and ensure adherence to quality software development process and products.
- Champion and coordinate business requirements reviews across functional teams and ensure that the business requirements are complete, precise and testable.
- Works with project team to define and create overall project test strategy/test plan, test schedules or strategies and identifies test resources, estimates test effort in accordance with project scope or delivery dates and ensures that the test strategy is achieved.
- Develop, document and maintain functional and non-functional test cases, test scripts and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Works collaboratively with the business units and project teams to execute and validate test cases based upon business requirements and ensures that the test cases are traceable to the requirements.
- In collaboration with GEA and other critical stakeholders, tune the SQC processes, adopt tools and define re-usable templates in-line with the adoption and maturity of the SQA Framework.
- Define test process including required test activities and deliverables, conduct Test Readiness Assessment, establish test beds and ensure that test beds are available for all planned white box and black box testing activities.
- Engages, champions and collaborates with technical teams/personnel in non-functional; testing including integration, regression, load, performance, security and usability testing.
- Prepare, share and review test results periodically, report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues and interoperability flaws and develop test acceptance reports for projects and software changes.
- Works with business units to perform post deployment sanity and regression tests and post-implementation review within defined period to confirm that the deployed solution works as per the business requirements.
- Participates in formulation and implementation of software process improvement policies and strategies for the division.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study.
- Professional Qualifications such as ITIL Foundation or ISTQB Foundation or TOGAF is required.
- 7 years progressive experience in Information Technology with focus on Business Analysis, Software Development, Quality Assurance.
- Experience in at least two IT disciplines such as application development, middle ware, SOA and Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience in operating systems (Windows, Unix).
- Experience in Database management systems.
- Prior working experience Software Quality Assurance.
- Exposure to Software Testing Automation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to manageable components.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization.
The above position is demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Thursday, 28th November 2019.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.