Recruitment at BAT!November 13, 2018
Associate – Operations Commercial Finance Business at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Associate – Operations Commercial Finance Business
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
As a member of the Operations Finance team, the Associate – Operations Commercial Finance Business assists in achievement of the company’s strategy for Operations through providing professional support and insight in supply chain processes and reporting and ensuring that controls are in place and providing accurate financial information and other information required in order to make sound business decisions and to facilitate business continuity.
- Product costing of new product initiatives
- Responsible for the accurate maintenance of Transfer Prices for export and domestic markets
- To ensure implementation and effectiveness of key control procedures in Supply Chain to minimise chances of irregularity. Execute points raised by internal and external audit regarding Supply Chain Finance accounting.
- Assist in the deliverance of productivity savings
- Optimize and drive systems and work processes towards reducing costs and challenging the status quo
- Month end processes
- Participating in stock takes of dry leaf, finished goods and cycle counts of spares
- Supporting GBS team in material ledger (ML) closure
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly reports
- Product Cost analysis
- GL reconciliations
- Waste reports
- Sales and production report including product cost
- Report in a timely manner leaf and Warehouse Management System (WMS) key performance reports to the management to aid in decision making.
- Ensure reconciliations are completed
- Attend 100% monthly stock takes for dry leaf, WMS and finished goods.
- Creation and updates of Transfer Prices for export markets in SAP.
- Building a time and cost-conscious culture.
- Continue to embed a control focused culture in the whole of supply chain and ensure all audit recommendations are implemented by due dates.
- Ensure Supply Chain costs are fully monitored and identify potential savings.
- Timely circulation of monthly reports.
- Enhancing the control environment for the Supply Chain procedures and processes.
- Drive initiatives that will reduce Supply Chain costs.
- Enhance Supply Chain efficiency through SAP reports that assist in managing, analysing and minimizing Supply Chain costs and improving Supply Chain processes and procedures.
- Challenging the status quo by proposing alternatives that improve Supply Chain costs.
Knowledge & Skills:
- At least 2 years of practical experience in finance & accounting
- Qualified financial accountant with a great understanding of costing principles.
- Able to collect data from various sources and to perform analytical review of them in order to ensure accuracy and timely output to management
- A comprehensive understanding of budgetary concepts and general accounting procedures
- The complexity of operations within Operations Finance requires an individual with strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator and motivator of change. Proactive, persuasive and creative.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within Supply Chain and Operations and to handle relationships with external parties.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco (BAT) career website on careers.bat.com to apply