Sacco AccountantJuly 14, 2017
The Accountant shall be responsible for overseeing finance and accounting function in the Society:
- Preparation of Society final accounts, Trial Balance, Balance sheets etc;
- Preparation and presentation of annual revenue and capital budgets;
- Preparation of Economic reports;
- Analyzing market and competitors trends;
- Developing financial management mechanisms;
- Conducting reviews/evaluations for cost reductions on various vote heads;
- Managing Sacco’s financial accounting and monitoring systems;
- To liaise with internal /External Auditors on audit Controls and act on management letters;
- Producing accurate financial reports;
- Give a cost benefit analysis on external borrowing for Board of Directors approval;
- Management of staff payrolls;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- Ensuring the Society assets and liabilities are recorded correctly and safeguarded;
- Ensuring the necessary cash reserve is maintained as required by law;
- Keeping and managing debtors and creditors records;
- Implementation and review of the Society’s financial accounting policies and procedures;
- Giving guidance in all financial and accounting matters;
- Ensuring adequate budgetary controls are in place;
- Advising and overseeing prudent financial management and investment;
- Submitting implementation work plans and ensure proper reporting systems are in place;
- Approving payments made by the Society;
- Ensuring that accounts and reconciliation are done on a monthly basis and adherence to specific deadlines; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Are holders of a Business related degree or its equivalent from a recognised university and CPA (K) or ACCA
- or Bachelor’s Degree and CPA (K) or its equivalent
- or CPA (K) and have satisfactorily served as an Accountant in the Society
- or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in a Sacco or in like organizations for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrated high financial management capability and Investment.
- Have good knowledge of Information Technology.
- 5 years relevant experience
ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS
- High financial management capability.
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- High leadership and administrative capacity
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and Proficient in Microsoft office suite
How To Apply