Senior AccountantJuly 19, 2017
SCALE AUC 13
A senior Accountant is answerable to the Chief Accountant for the overall accounting functions in a section or sections.
Work at this level involves, organization and management of accounting units, directing, controlling and coordinating of both routine and non-routine accounting matters.
Interpreting financial policies, budgetary control system, management accounting methods and monthly/quarterly financial returns.
Responsibilities at this level include advising on all financial policies as well as ensuring that sound accounting principles and controls are applied on financial transactions.
Train and develop staff for high efficiency in accounting services. Supervision of work at this level is generally informal and related to results.
Senior Accountant Job Specifications
- A Masters Degree, such as MBA from a recognized University College in a relevant field such as Accounting, finance or Business Administration and;
- CPA (K) and 9 years relevant experience.
- Practical knowledge of ICT is mandatory at this level.
- Registered with ICPAK
- Served in the grade of Accountant I for at least 3 years and if without Masters Degree, 5 years relevant experience.
- CPA (K)
- Bachelor degree from a recognized University College in a relevant field such as Accounts, Finance or Business Administration.
- Shown merit and ability reflected in work performance and results
- Registered with ICPAK
How to Apply
Ten copies should be submitted in writing together with updates curriculum vitae giving details of applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications. work experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, names and address of three referees plus copies of certificates and testimonials.
The title and reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated in the application.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Principal, Alupe University College P.O Box 845 Busia 50400 Kenya.
So as to reach him not later than 2nd August, 2017.
Applicants are required to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address.
The referees should write and send their recommendations under sealed envelops within three weeks from the date of this advertisement.
For those already in employment, applications should be channeled through their head of department.
For detailed job descriptions, applicant should visit the university website www.auc.ac.ke.