Senior Manager Health and NutritionOctober 1, 2019
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Reports to: Nutrition Technical Advisor
Direct Reports: Manager – Health and Nutrition
- Fixed Term Two (2) Years Renewable Contract
- Starting Salary of the Pay Grade – Kes 291,637 p.m.
- Medical Cover (Principal + 2 Dependants)
- Pension After Confirmation of Appointment
- Group Life Assurance Cover
- Group Personal Accident Cover
The incumbent is responsible to support coordination, planning, management and implementation of the Health and Nutrition MILE Programme. S/he will closely support the team and liaise with other functional managers to ensure day-to-day activities are implemented within the established framework of the programme, timescales, budget and quality. S/he will continually monitor all aspects of programme performance by instituting the use of necessary programme management processes and tools.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Programme Management
- Overall responsible for the implementation of the nutrition component for the MILE programme at county level
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Health and Nutrition teams implementing the nutrition component of the MILE programme at the sub-county level.
- Provide organizational and technical support to MoH and local partners in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services;
- Liaising closely with the County health management teams (CHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to develop joint work plans and ensure MoH ownership and integration into the existing health systems;
- Work closely with the CHMT to oversee and review the implementation of County work plans and activities
- Support MoH and local partners to strengthen planning, implementation and review of health and nutrition activities as relates to the MILE programme at the County level
- Work with stakeholders at County level to strengthen a multi-sectoral approach to health and nutrition and actively promote inter sectoral linkages and integration with other programmes as necessary
- Ensure programme quality through active role in M&E of health and nutrition programme interventions including developing and utilizing context specific M&E tools, using data for decision making, field monitoring and joint support supervision
- Monitor the health and nutrition situation in the County including coordination of nutrition surveys, supporting with surveillance and assessments as required
- Contribute to the development of the MILE programme, research and advocacy strategies for the respective county
- Work closely with the MILE programme Nutrition advisor to ensure consistency in programme approach and share learning across counties.
- Participate in the development of annual MILE programme work plans in coordination with the other Health and Nutrition teams within the programme target counties as well as in coordination with the over Kenya country programme Health and Nutrition teams
- Prepare high quality written reports (quarterly and annual) and other reports as required.
- Support sub-county teams on effective and quality programme management and implementation.
- Ensure that the implementation of the nutrition specific components of the MILE programme at county level adheres to Concern’s essential standards on programme management
- Monitor the programme against objectives outlined in the programme plan and international standards.
- Support the team in the review and regularly update of detailed implementation plans, phased budgets, procurement plans, M & E plans, and work plans guiding all programme implementation and ensure this is used by the project teams to monitor project progress towards completion.
- Conduct field visit to monitor the delivery of quality intervention.
- Focal person for M&E aspect of the program
- Support the documentation of county programme activities, achievements and challenges in regular internal reports and ensure that external reporting obligations are met
- Lead the compilation and review of county quarterly reports
- County level monthly analysis of performance of the programme
- Representation/ Coordination
- Participation in county health and nutrition coordination meetings;
- Represent Concern at the Health and Nutrition Coordination Meetings
- Responding to Emergencies:
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- Code of Conduct & Associated Policies:
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
- A Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Nutrition and Dietetics or relevant field with KNDI professional certification
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition programming with experience of nutrition and health system strengthening in both a development and emergency context with at least three (3) years’ experience in a managerial position
- Previous employment or extensive collaboration and networking with NGOs.
- Proven success partnering with the Ministry of Health and extensive collaboration and networking with NGOs
- Good understanding of cross cutting issues-gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health/nutrition programmes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, coordination and leadership skills Proficiency in the use of computer applications
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Senior Manager Health and Nutrition Isiolo MILE Programme’ by Tuesday, 15th October 2019
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.