Senior Manager, Quality Assurance at KCB Bank KenyaNovember 20, 2019
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
IT Quality Assurance unit is mandated to develop and establish quality assurance, policies, standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. The role of Senior Manager, Quality Assurance is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization and applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes and software projects and changes through functional and non-functional testing in order to ensure adherence to quality software development process and products and maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Design and Implement structured quality management policy, strategy and methodology across the organization.
- Establish and maintain quality management systems and metrics and monitor and review compliance with the Technology quality goals and standards and regulatory requirements. Ensure approved software development standards, processes and procedures are adhered to, as well as make recommendations on the adoption of industry best-practices.
- Maintains and administers test management tools, manages test environments and ensures that they are in ready states for both functional and non-functional tests of software projects and changes.
- Develop automation frameworks for integration and regression testing activities.
- Participates in the reviews of test plan/strategy documents and ensures that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Reviews the state of readiness of software changes and projects for deployment to production environment and communicates the deployment plans to the change management team.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth business requirement reviews and analysis for modified and new systems or applications.
- Manage the team’s performance and nurture skills that advance the IT Quality Assurance strategy and establish sustainable practices in QA standards, controls and policies.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study.
- Professional Qualifications such as ITIL Foundation or ISTQB Foundation or TOGAF is required.
- 10 years progressive experience in Information Technology with focus on Business Analysis, Software Development, Quality Assurance.
- Experience in at least two IT disciplines such as application development, middle ware, SOA and Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience in operating systems (Windows, Unix).
- Experience in Database management systems.
- Prior working experience Software Quality Assurance.
- Exposure to Software Testing Automation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with ability to breakdown complex items to manageable components.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday, 26th November 2019.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.