Senior ResearcherOctober 30, 2018
Senior Researcher at Amref Kenya
Amref Health Africa is an international African organisation headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
Our Vision Lasting health change in Africa
Our Mission We are committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Research / Data Analysis
School: Directorate of Research, Innovation and Consultancies
Reports to: Director of Research, Innovation and Consultancies
Main purpose of the job: The Senior Researcher is a key member of the AMIU University’s Directorate of Research, Innovation and consultancies.
The post holder will contribute to the overall achievement of the strategic development and objectives of the Directorate, and the general success of the research, innovation and consultancies of Amref International University.
This shall be through the holder’s implementation of high quality research, innovation and consultancies within the University.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop and write research grants for funding of research projects and contribute to the income generation base from local, regional, and global funding sources
- Contribute in the achievements of the university consultancy agenda by developing and conducting of consultancies in relevant health related areas.
- Actively nurture the University’s international academic profile and partners in line with the institution’s Internationalisation strategy.
- Implement research and consultancy processes conducted by the Directorate in adherence to the university policy guidelines
- Contribute to research and postgraduate teaching programme development internally, externally and internationally through multi-disciplinary collaboration across and beyond the University.
- Ensure compliance to the University policies on research quality and conduct and the requirements of all relevant regulatory bodies.
- Undertake teaching of academic courses to undergraduate and post graduate students in areas of expertise, maintaining high standards of quality and professionalism.
- Guide and mentor authors in the processing of manuscripts and scientific writing for publication in peer reviewed journals, including in the internal Africa Health Agenda International Journal (AHAIJ)
- Ensure effective communication in adherence to the management structure and application of the university policies and procedures.
- Guide and supervise students in their research projects and thesis in adherence with the university policy
Be a holder of earned Ph.D. in the area of expertise and in conducting and leading preferably in health systems research programmes.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 7-years’ experience in research and academic teaching in an institution of higher learning.
- Experienced in cross disciplinary research initiatives and collaboration.
- Successful record of writing winning research grants.
- Successful supervision of students at Master’s and/ or Ph.D. levels
- Proficient in the SPSS or any other data analysis software
Method of Application
Email your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd November , 2018