Site Acquisition Manager at Penda HealthNovember 22, 2019
Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high-quality care accessible to every family and by offering unparalleled patient experiences. Our vision is that everyone in Africa has the healthcare they can trust.
We were ranked as the best healthcare company to work for in Kenya in 2018!
We currently have ~ +300 staff operating 18 branches and treating ~200K+ patients per year across Nairobi. By the end of 2020, we will be operating 40 branches in multiple countries with a staff of over 1,000 and treating ~800K+ patients per year
- Lead a team in a company that has a real chance to revolutionize the healthcare industry, you will be key in our rapid expansion.
- An opportunity to lead the selection of highly populated areas for future Penda medical centers, we’ll go where you take us.
- Site acquisitions will be your brainchild; get a chance to build systems of reviewing and acquiring locations to be converted into high-quality medical centers at a high pace.
Lead Penda in identifying, selecting, negotiating and signing leases at great locations for medical centers
- Lead, motivate, grow and inspire your team every day.
- Be a leader at Penda and a role model for our culture and values.
- Manage site acquisitions to ensure Penda is signing good leases within the set timelines and budget
- Develop and implement a scalable, measurable and efficiently running process from; sourcing of property, through due diligence to handing over to the construction team.
- Spearhead the collection and analysis of data around new locations, reviewing risk, location quality to enhance the ability for Penda to expand.
- Use data to underpin locations’ proposals and assessments, leading the team to make logical decisions on location.
- Coordinate and manage market review and site tours to locate, evaluate and recommend high potential buildings in selected locations.
- Lead and enhance lease negotiation capacity in the team through hiring, training and mentoring.
- Review existing MCs and locations, determine learnings to make us better at location search as we grow.
- Background in real estate development, property management, commercial real estate or land economics.
- 4+ years in a management role in site acquisition, lease negotiation, commercial real estate, property management or development.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering business results cross-functionally and experience managing teams in a complex expansion or project setting
- Strong analytical, excel skills, and a good understanding of accounting and budgeting
- Willingness to travel, locally and internationally
- Energy and resilience
- Competitive salary (including employee stock options)
- Medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family
- High potential for career growth as Penda grows
- Great benefits package – including hiking days and snacks at the office!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Penda Health career website on www.pendahealth.com to apply